Donington Rock Festival UK

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Hunterd

Donington Rock Festival UK

Post by Hunterd »

I couldn't see anything about Monsters of Rock on UR. Maybe I'm going blind!!!

Neverthless, check the below link.. :mrgreen:

http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/donington-1984-ozzy.html

Salute

Dave
The Flying Dutchman

Re: Donington Rock Festival UK

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Hey Bob,
I'm sure there has been some talk about that.
If I remember correct it's Trigger's all time favorite concert he attended to!
Ian, correct me if I talk nonsense here? (if so, sorry to get you involved! :P :wink: )
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

This was a fantastic show and my all time best ever Ozzy show, he was amazing that day and the band added a track to what had been the usual set as well as cutting the KB solo from Revelation.
I know that up until recently Ozzy himself said it was his favorite ever show, as an Ozzy fan I am bound to say it but he stole the show. This was his last of the great line ups as well and one of the last shows that this band played.

the song set was

Intro
I don't know
Mr Crowley
Over the Mountain
Barl at the Moon
Rock N Roll Rebel
Revelation (no KB solo)
Steal away
Suicide Solution with guitar solo
Forever with drum solo
Flying high Again
Iron man
Crazy Train
Paranoid
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Hunterd

Post by Hunterd »

Wow - Thanks for the Oz set reminder. The Oz crew were superb, just perfect RnR. Made up for the loss of Randy and was the start of Ozzy's recovery. A great performance worth ever penny. Jake E Lee did the Oz proud that day and what a show.. The entire performance from Y&T onwards was just great. I loved the VH slot but became a bit bemused when Roth started his sword dance ... Derrrr... Self Exhibitionist! DC were pretty good although I'm not the greatest fan of BJ.. He did a better job in 81 but then there was only B'in'B and he tried much harder to sound like Bon Scott with the old DC tracks.. really didn't care that much for About to Rock..