SCREAM Album Sales

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

SCREAM Album Sales

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

According to Hits Daily Double, the companion web site of music industry tip sheet Hits, Ozzy Osbourne's new album, "Scream", is on track — based on one-day sales reports — to sell between 65,000 and 70,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release.

Osbourne's last album, "Black Rain", opened with 152,000 units back in May 2007 to debut at No. 3 on The Billboard 200 chart.

That number was in line with the 153,000 first-week tally registered by 2001's "Down To Earth", which entered the Billboard chart at No. 4.

Like "Black Rain", "Scream" was mostly recorded at Ozzy's own home studio. The Pulse of Radio asked Osbourne if he prefers working on his music at home these days. "I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing, because in one respect you go, 'If only I had more time to do an album, maybe I could do a better album,'" he said. "But then if you've got unlimited time, the urgency's not there. At the end of the day the end result was pretty cool, but I don't know whether I want to continue to do it that way. I'd like to jam out with the band and get some, like, vibe going, you know. I want to incorporate that and this new technology thing."

Ozzy will begin touring behind the album this August with a six-date Ozzfest run, before launching a headlining trek later in the year. He'll also play at the Sturgis Bike Rally in Sturgis, South Dakota on August 12, along with Kid Rock, Buckcherry, Godsmack and others.

Ozzy Osbourne has unleashed the music video for "Let Me Hear You Scream", the first single from "Scream". Both the record and clip arrived on Tuesday (June 22), with the song also topping this week's rock radio chart. (source: BLABBERMOUTH.NET)
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...