Ozzy Osbourne Dreamer Live

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

adam_777

Ozzy Osbourne Dreamer Live

Post by adam_777 »

I found this video on youtube, obviously it has the studio version replacing the audio, I was wondering if anyone actually had this video in good quality with the original audio? I didn't realize Ozzy ever played this in a live setting so I'd love to hear it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDW-8wHrlMU
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ozzy Osbourne Dreamer Live

Post by Trigger »

no it was never in his live set.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
adam_777

Post by adam_777 »

yeah I didn't think he'd played it, But any idea what this video is from then? It must have been a tv show or something, I just find it hard to believe that the actual audio on that video is the audio played during that show.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Yes it will be, often Ozzy is asked to play songs for TV shows that are singles but not part of his live set. The exception was when he did a similer thing by he and his band miming along to 'So Tired' even though the song had been in the live set for the first ttwo shows of the tour before being dropped!!!! the band could have easily played it and they also mimed to 'Bark at the Moon' much later during the same tour.
The 1980' and 90's were a bad time to see great bands do very unpleasent mimes :lol:
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I think some songs are better not played live due to production. Sometimes trying to make the song sound as good as the studio recorded version just doesn't work. I love the track 'I Just Want You', I seen a clip on youtube of them playing it Live and they did a bad job, it sounded bloody awful.
adam_777

Post by adam_777 »

Does anyone know what this is actually from?

Was it a tv show, or a mini set to promote the album?

Im trying to find out all the information I can on it.

I was set to see this lineup in Vancouver back in '03 and just a short while before the show Robert was traded for Jason Newsted and he played his first show with the band. It was a pretty good show, But I wish Robert had still been there for it, Newsted seemed a little lost.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

This could possibly be a 'chart show' count down type of TV programme. The bands on them have no time to rehearse and they just set up and play to a backing track. It could be from the USA but i may be wrong.