Skezza Trigger & Ozzy Osbourne

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Skezza Trigger & Ozzy Osbourne

Post by Trigger »

On Thursday Skez' and I went to see Ozzy play at a small club in Oxford, it was a great show and although it was small with perhaps a capacity of around 400 it was amazing! Ozzy played without a support act and was playing on a tiny stage with no set or backdrop.
Ozzy was in great voice and I didin't hear him faulter once, he looked fit and well and 20 years younger! The band were pretty good and it was nice to see him playing with an almost new band. Blasco was on Bass as he was on the last tour with Gus on guitar and a new Drummer who's name escapes me? They were heavy and powerful but my only dissapointment was I thought the Drummer was better on the new album than he was live.

I dont know
Mr Crowley
suicide solution
Crazy train
Bark at the Moon
Shot in the dark
Road to nowhere
I don't wanna change the World
Mama I'm comin' Home
Rat Salad
Iron Man (complete version)
Faries wear boots
War Pigs
Paranoid
Scream if you want to

I found the drum and Guitar solo boring but I always do! but it was nice to hear a different sound so like Zakk or Hate him this band sounded very fresh compared to what we have become used to. I know I will repeat myself but being in that hot small! club was great when you are watching a legend like Ozzy (even Ozzy commented on how small it was). 8)

I very much enjoyed spending time with Joe because we haven't done that in a long time. And I hope we do it more from now on, I cant believe how mant years we have been friends and how long it is since we decided to open UR! the time has really flown by and we have both changed so much BUT that friendship is still as tight as ever. :D

I would have loved to see more songs from the new album because I enjoyed it more than Black Rain but I suppose he will do more when he begins to tour at the bigger venues or during Ozzfest. The addition of 'Shot in the dark' was surprising but surprisingly enjoyable because I had really began to hate that song in the 1980's and 90's but it was hard edged and fresh.
Should any of you be considering going to see him after many years of avoiding his tours I feel you won't be as dissapointed as you expect you might be. 8)
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
The Flying Dutchman

Re: Skezza Trigger & Ozzy Osbourne

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Sounds all good, thnx for the review!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Just got back from hols, (cruising around the med, brilliant) but probably not as good as seeing the Ozzman in a small venue like this, sounds amazing, I'm jealous as fuck.
I feel well out of it, missed most of the world cup, haven't seen a newspaper in 2 weeks, haven't even got his new album yet, and worst of all missed Ozzy's (very short) UK tour.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Gaz are you coming to see him at the 02 in london in September with us?
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Rat salad was new to a live Ozzy set but 'faries' was in the set during early 1983 with Jake and for about 5 Canadian shows in 2003 with Zakk on guitar. They were great though and if you get to the Swedish show he plays in Aug/Sept I imagine they will still be in the set. :D
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

You's kept that trip well hushed up.. was this a sausaging well overdue ?. You's got a very good set with some classic tunes. Jealous is not the word :evil: . I was watching the clips from youtube of Ozzy from Birmingham and the 'Crazy Train' clip was amusing. A bald headed steward/security guy is looking out towards the crowd and Ozzy slaps him on the head. The guy doesn't react so about a minute later Ozzy empties a bucket of water over him. The guy doesn't look very amused but he just doesn't react.. :oops: :twisted: I'm sure this is a rigged part of the show done for a comedy moment. Did you notice if he did this at your gig ?. Did you manage to get any photos of the gig. Or a programme for me will do just fine...Bastards !!!!! said in a very much loud style of Victor Meldrew. :(

Check out the bald guy 2.02 then 3.01 have it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56bE6YTzqY0
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

very cool, i love small crowds, and for ozzy the ability to sell out msg then to play a small place, ive talked with many (famous) touring artists and as much as they love the big festival gigs, the smaller gigs are almost like a breath of fresh air to them.

I actually reckon that security guard took that quite well. I mean just imagine telling the kids that. I was tapped on the head by ozzy then he poured a whole bucket of water over just me. Thats wicked! :D
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Shaun, there were no programmes. I'm pretty sure the girl who I was at the gig with would have bought one, shes Ozzy mad :) She did buy a shirt though.