The truth on why Zakk was replaced finally came out?

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Alex
Mass Poster

The truth on why Zakk was replaced finally came out?

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Flying Dutchman

Re: The truth on why Zakk was replaced finally came out?

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

I think it must been very frustrating for Zakk realizing that Ozzy doesn't really need a guitarplayer anymore except for playing the old classic songs live. It must be frustrating for the new guitarplayer as well......
I think Ozzy will turn any guitarplayer into an 'alcoholic' right now! :P
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

That's interesting. Zakk definitely drank a lot more after Dime died. Gus seems like a bit of a nerd. And I mean that in a positive way.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

If Zakk's drinking influence Ozzy's decision then I am not surprised. Ozzy has often warned about alcohol addiction getting the better of you. Maybe he was warning Zakk way back in 1988, "I'm your Demon alcohol....Demon alcohol......I'll get you."
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
atomicpunk5151

Post by atomicpunk5151 »

RR-ElectricAngel wrote:If Zakk's drinking influence Ozzy's decision then I am not surprised. Ozzy has often warned about alcohol addiction getting the better of you. Maybe he was warning Zakk way back in 1988, "I'm your Demon alcohol....Demon alcohol......I'll get you."
Ozzy wasn't telling Zakk anything in 1988 other then..... Pass the coke or booze to me.

Bob Daisley wrote the lyrics for Demon Alcohol.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

As much as Zakk and Ozzy try and play their relationship off as a two way, equal street, it's not. Ozzy is Zakk's employer. You will put up with your boss's shit (especially if the work he gives you makes you lots of money). But your boss, since he's your boss, doesn't need to put up with your shit in return, although it would be the nice thing to do. Business is business, sadly. I hate to say that I would have been all for Ozzy getting a new guitarist if it was a step in a more interesting direction...which Gus isn't. More of the same detuned, grungy, pinch harmonic stuff we've been hearing for the last 23985987987234 years.