Scream album reviews

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Re: Scream album reviews

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

NicDots wrote:I think the next album is his last, if I recall his interviews correctly.
Actually, he plans for two more. (Listen at 2:27).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoFHOMF6 ... re=channel
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
Saluki

Post by Saluki »

After the intial run through, I thought this album was ok at best. Since then, I have listened to it several times and it has really grown on me. Granted the guitar work is work average, but the entire album (except the last song) is better than "Black Rain" and carries a lot more depth to it than most Ozzy albums since Ozzmosis. I hope Gus G proves to be a better guitarist than this album shows.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

After reading most of the revues on here I'm thinking this album is pretty shite, but in my eyes it could'nt be further from the truth, its a great album.
If the last Ozzy album you liked was Diary and you've hated everything since then this isn't going to win you over, its typical modern day Ozzy, in a good way.
I actually liked Down to Earth and Black Rain, this has a similar feel to those albums but I think the actual songs are far better.
I think Diggin' Me Down is the best thing he's done in 20 years, great song. Let it Die and Crucify I really like, even the two ballads Life Won't Wait and Time get the thumbs up from me. Even Let Me Hear You Scream, as cheesy as it is, sounds good and rocking, especially full blast in the car this morning. The only song which doesn't quite do much for me is probably the most controvercial song he's done in a while, Latimers Mercy, It does nothing for me, it might grow on me after a while we'll see.
Overall a great album though, I try to judge each album on its own without comparing it to the Randy era, and I think it stands up well.
No Ozzy album is gonna top Blizzard or Diary, impossible, but for Ozzy to be putting out albums as good as this as 61, well in my eyes he's doing good
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll