you knew it was coming....

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Supernaut
Madman

you knew it was coming....

Post by Supernaut »

Favourite Sabbath album! I love Paranoid, Master of Reality and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. Master of Reality is pretty fun to play too once you know most of the songs. And my little solo improvisation for Lord Of this World sounds pretty good! hehe

so which do you like?
[img]http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/6482/randysig2text2ho.png[/img]
Wind is high, so am I, as the shore sinks in the distance
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

We have to choose :shock: ? I like all the ones I've heard so far. Which are, Black Sabbath, Paranoid, Master of Reality, Vol 4, Sabotage, The Mob Rules and Dehumanizer. I've heard bits and bobs as well like the song Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and so far I havent' found anything I didn't like.
Follis
Cool Member

Post by Follis »

Paranoid is a great album. Every song with the exception of Rat Salad is great! Heaven & Hell has some good stuff.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Masters is a good album, BS is a good album!
BIG_P
Cool Member

Post by BIG_P »

I can't tell you which Sabbath album I like the best. I LOVE THEM ALL!!!! But, I can tell you that I think one of the most beautiful yet depressing songs I have ever heard in my life is SHE'S GONE.
[img]http://img500.imageshack.us/img500/3465/banner2xt.jpg[/img]
[b][color=red]The saying, "words can not describe" are so true when it comes to Randy Rhoads.[/color][/b]
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

BIG_P wrote:I can't tell you which Sabbath album I like the best. I LOVE THEM ALL!!!! But, I can tell you that I think one of the most beautiful yet depressing songs I have ever heard in my life is SHE'S GONE.
I love that song P....why is it that we seem to love the same songs???? people wil beguin to think we are either twins of the same person! :lol:
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Supernaut
Madman

Post by Supernaut »

Don't forget Solitude as well!

what's wrong with Rat Salad? Nice little tune there!

Volume 4. is pretty cool too. Love Supernaut as you can probably tell :wink:

And Snowblind. Really good song. I dunno how they do it, but the song itself sounds all cold and frosty. is it the guitar tone or something else? I dunno! But it works whatever it is.
BIG_P
Cool Member

Post by BIG_P »

Trigger wrote:
BIG_P wrote:I can't tell you which Sabbath album I like the best. I LOVE THEM ALL!!!! But, I can tell you that I think one of the most beautiful yet depressing songs I have ever heard in my life is SHE'S GONE.
I love that song P....why is it that we seem to love the same songs???? people wil beguin to think we are either twins of the same person! :lol:
GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE!! :wink:
[img]http://img500.imageshack.us/img500/3465/banner2xt.jpg[/img]
[b][color=red]The saying, "words can not describe" are so true when it comes to Randy Rhoads.[/color][/b]
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I have a soft spot for 'Technical Ecstasy' I was always told it was a shit album but when I got to hear it I thought it had style.

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Supernaut
Madman

Post by Supernaut »

Anyone else think that "A National Acrobat" is a genious song. Especially lyric-wise?
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I have to go with Mob Rules.

Falling Off the Edge of the World is just excellent, as are all the other tracks... this album proved that Sabbath could cross over from the Ozzy years and keep up with the new breed in the early '80's. It's a shame that it is so often overlooked.
Follis
Cool Member

Post by Follis »

Supernaut wrote: what's wrong with Rat Salad? Nice little tune there!
Just don't care too much for it & the drum solo in it doesn't help.
RandyFan100

Post by RandyFan100 »

I'd say Paranoid, it's a classic
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Love 'em all. But Sabotage just wins it over Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. Megalomania is my favourite track of all time by any artist. Symptom is also such a fantastic song. I also have a soft spot for Technical Ecstacy as well, and when I first heard it I'd just been dumped by my girlfriend so She's Gone brings back a lot of memories, the lyrics felt so personal and I still love the song today.
metal_head6704

Post by metal_head6704 »

My Fave Sabbath Album is by far "Heaven and Hell"......Followed closly by "Black Sabbath" !!!!