Dio in Black Sabbath

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Well, well, well... so they did film one of the shows... thanks for that, I put on the headphones and turned it up, but it just wasn't the same as feeling Geezer's bass pound into my chest back in '81! And I was in the bleachers in the back of the arena, I can't imaginwe the force it would have had up close!
deansolo
Cool Member

Post by deansolo »

IMO, Sabbath with RJD and Sabbath with Ozzy are two COMPLETELY different bands. Although I love them both, I think the version with Dio is better as it's a more sophisticated version of the band. The songwriting is better IMO. Everybody's playing really stepped up a notch when Dio joined the band. The Heaven and Hell album is their masterpiece.

Just my opinion. :)

Dean
Cat's-Eye pedals now available at Vintage and Rare Guitars, London and Bath, United Kingdom

"Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?"

www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

deansolo wrote:IMO, Sabbath with RJD and Sabbath with Ozzy are two COMPLETELY different bands. Although I love them both, I think the version with Dio is better as it's a more sophisticated version of the band. The songwriting is better IMO. Everybody's playing really stepped up a notch when Dio joined the band. The Heaven and Hell album is their masterpiece.

Just my opinion. :)

Dean
+1
although i think sabbs were still at times sophisticated in the early days just not obviously sophisticated.