Anyone here like the Torme shows?

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Mr Charming

Anyone here like the Torme shows?

Post by Mr Charming »

I was given a copy of the NY shows with Bernie torme on guitar a few weeks ago and I really felt sorry for him. He had the hardest job in history but he gave it a damn good shot. During the solos in the songs Don Airey was filling in for him and the guitar seemed to be somwhere else! It was a massive shame he seems to have been forgotten by musical history what do you guys think of him?
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

I've never heard his playing. I would really enjoy hearing those shows, ahh well, i'm sure I will some day. Does he have a solo spot in it?
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I liked his stuff, but you're right, they did seem to bury him with keyboards.... they did that with Gillis a lot as well.
Jake66

Post by Jake66 »

I remember an old Ozzy interview where he says that he tried every guitar player he knew,Schenker,Gary Moore and many more, but they all wanted far too much money, Bernie Torme was the only guy who said "Yes,i'll do it". Ozzy said he loved him for that. Never heard the guy but respect must be due.
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

what Ba**s for even stepping into such a wacky situation.
CrazyBrain

Re: Anyone here like the Torme shows?

Post by CrazyBrain »

I agree Bernie did a good job concidering the situation.
I got 4 of the 8 (?) gigs he did with Ozzy and i believe all
the others were recorded too.
metal_head6704

Post by metal_head6704 »

Yes it is a shame that he is pretty much forgotten about as far as his OZZY stint goes....most people I talk to always refer to Brad Gillis as The guy who replaced Randy Rhoads....or Brad replaced Randy but i think there was "some other guy" in there before him.....thats aweful.....it had to take a huge set of balls to go up there and try to fill Randy's shoes.....obviously noone could do it.....but my hats off to both Bernie and Brad for doin very good jobs.....while having to put up with an already insane Ozzy....let alone how f'd up Ozzy must have bben at the loss of his dear friend/musical partner !!!!!