Making of Scream

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

NicDots
Mass Poster

Making of Scream

Post by NicDots »

Here's a cool video off Ozzy's site...and there seems to be some new song clips!

http://www.ozzfest.com/news.html?n_id=286
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Re: Making of Scream

Post by Ritchie »

Thanks for posting that , i'm actually looking forward to this album and it'll be a nice change ( i hope )
................................................................Image...............................................................................
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

I didn't like Black Rain at first, but got into it just recently. I liked the sound of Let Me Hear you Scream. Its not quite as anthemic as Bark at the Moon maybe, but it had a nice ring to it. I just wish he'd return to some higher tunings. Maybe E or E flat. He sounds heavy when they're working in drop C etc. It just doesn't sound like the Ozzy I first started listening to 8 or 9 years ago when I first heard him.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

skezza wrote:I just wish he'd return to some higher tunings. Maybe E or E flat. He sounds heavy when they're working in drop C etc. It just doesn't sound like the Ozzy I first started listening to 8 or 9 years ago when I first heard him.
So true...that's the tuning of choice this decade of modern rock. In the 1990's it was drop D tuning. If we go any lower the guitar strings will simply flap up against the fretboard and you will simply get garbage. It is comfortable to single that low. You can be kinda lazy. It's almost like simply talking because your vocal range is not challenged. Sad but true...
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Ozzy sang over low tunings during his Sabbath days. He wasn't singing over such tunings because he couldn't hit high notes either. He sang as high as the heavens back then.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

=NicDots"Ozzy sang over low tunings during his Sabbath days.
Touche! That might be why the lower tunings are being more used. It "sounds" closer to Sabbath than the Ozzy of yesterday. Then again, E and Eb got overused in the 80's. It is just the natural state of things these days...
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...