Who's your favourate Black Sabbath Vocalist?

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Ell
Mass Poster

Who's your favourate Black Sabbath Vocalist?

Post by Ell »

I can't decide, when Ozzy was with then they were completely different to when Dio was with them. I prefur the Dio years normally but to me it doesn't sound like Black Sabbath, still sounds very very good though. I haven't heard any of the other singers so I can't judge them.

Who's your favourate?
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

I would say John Osbourne !

But Ronnie james is very close second. Heaven & Hell was a masterpiece. But to me Ozzy is the vocal sound of Black Sabbath. And yep Ronnie is technically a better singer, but I just love Ozzy's very unique voice!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

They both have very distinct voices. Recently I got a Gary Moore album and Ozzy was on one of the songs and I recognised him immediately. With Dio he's got his very distinct voice but also, if you find the word carousel you know it's him for sure :lol:
Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

It would definately have to be Ozzy.....for that was pure Black Sabbath. Dio did an excellent job, but his vocals made it an entirely different band.
".....the moment Randy Rhoads walked out on stage, you knew you were WITNESSING something IMPORTANT."
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

What I love about Sabbath is that they were a working class band who played and wrote about what they understood.
Ozzy was no great vocalist but what was right about him was it fitted with the music. A few years ago I went to the street in Aston where he grew up and drove around looking at what his world was like as a boy. I spoke to a woman who grew up and still lives in the area she told me the Aston of the 1950's & 60's was no better than it is now :shock:. Aston has had some awful crime problems with drive by shootings and gang problems that would make areas of New York blush. It made me understand what created the music they made, Aston was a depressing place but I felt very proud of Ozzy and Black Sabbath for what they have achieved.
I can only get enthusiastic about the Ozzy Sabbath because that is in essence the pure spirit of that truly great band. 8)

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
deansolo
Cool Member

Post by deansolo »

I like both Ozzy and Ronnie james Dio in Sabbath......but if I had to choose it would have to be Ozzy. :)
Cat's-Eye pedals now available at Vintage and Rare Guitars, London and Bath, United Kingdom

"Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?"

www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp
logan14

Post by logan14 »

ozzy is sabbath!!!!1 :twisted:
jaymz1968

Post by jaymz1968 »

ozzy is the absolute vocalist for sabbath-ian gillan ruled also -the album born again was great -excellent riffs -actually iommi's riffs are great-but ozzy is the vocalist for sabbath-no one else is the better man than ozzy-to not have ozzy in sabbath is like have no tires on a bicycle -------thanx
Jaymz1968
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

I would have to say the Prince of Darkness Ozzy Osbourne for I'm more familiar with his Signature Vocals in BLACK SABBATH then anyone else: although I do like Vocal Rockers like Ronnie James Dio and other cool/outragesous Vocalists like Glenn Hughes & Ray Gillen in whom worked & were in Black Sabbath as well done a pretty "awesome" job but still OZZY's unusual & unique Vocals is the one I'm more accustome to. Peace! 8)
The legendary Randy Rhoads is an electric "Crazy Train" Guitarist/Musician to the max!
gtmo

Post by gtmo »

Ronnie James Dio. Best album Heaven and Hell.
http://gtmometal.blogspot.com/
snowden7772

Post by snowden7772 »

i'm torn here.ozzy is my favorite.peiod,but heaven and hell is my favorite sabbath album.if i went to see them,even though it's not possible now i would take ray gillen.nobody can sing ozzy and dio like ray could.i have a video of them from montreal in 86.ray kicks every songs ass.
snowden7772

Post by snowden7772 »

i'm torn here.ozzy is my favorite.peiod,but heaven and hell is my favorite sabbath album.if i went to see them,even though it's not possible now i would take ray gillen.nobody can sing ozzy and dio like ray could.i have a video of them from montreal in 86.ray kicks every songs ass.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

you wanna post that video ? :D

too bad Ray didn't record anything for the actual album :?
wasted_beers

Post by wasted_beers »

I would have to say ozzy because if it wasnt for him i probably woudn't of heard of randy
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Dio... probably because I first got into Sabbath when Heaven and HEll was released... and I first saw Sabbath on the Mob Rules tour.