Title of the new Ozzy album revealed

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

I must admit for the first 30 seconds or so I was thinking " is this Zakk or Gus ? " but i thought it became more apparent as the song went on that it was'nt Zakk and I thought the solo was a little more fluid and linear than the way Zakk would have played it .
................................................................Image...............................................................................
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Ritchie wrote:I must admit for the first 30 seconds or so I was thinking " is this Zakk or Gus ? " but i thought it became more apparent as the song went on that it was'nt Zakk and I thought the solo was a little more fluid and linear than the way Zakk would have played it .
Yup, its more legato than frantic pick attack.

I think the lead lines are quite interesting actualy, i would even say, rather refreshing (God that sounds british LMAO!). The problem is there are not enough of them. Ozzy's music isn't what it used to be, for better or worse, i shant judge.

This album sounds, on the basis of one song, to be the natural evolution of Black Rain. Riff's, melody and intricate fills are gone, replaced with big, simple harmony sections. It sounds very modern to my ears, not that i listen to much modern stuff :?

I have to admit Black Rain grew on me after a while, but it still doesn't quite seem like the Ozzy i grew up with :( :D

Ozzy mentioned a couple of years back that he had finnaly gotten away from the influence of Randy, maybe thats true. But if he wants to go in a new direction i would rather see him team up with some freaky madman like John 5 and do something totaly off the wall. Just my opinion...

Rob
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Looking at the blabbermouth article, Ozzy has realy gutted his band. Will be interesting to see the results...

Rob
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456