Ozzy miming to Ultimate Sin

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Fozzy41
Madman

Ozzy miming to Ultimate Sin

Post by Fozzy41 »

Heres a clip I've recently come across of Ozzy and the band miming to The Ultimate Sin from 1986.
It's some TV show with Noel Edmunds, not sure which show but its not Top of the Pops.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IT7sPbC2E4
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

It's the first time ive seen that clip ? I could only guess which show its from maybe the Ed Sullivan show. But it doesn't look like any Brit Saturday morning kids show. Cheers for posting that up Gaz :wink:
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

I saw Ozzy twice on this tour, in Manchester and at Donington, and when I look back at clips from thar era I can't believe how ridiculous Ozzy looks, Jake looks great but Ozzy looks like, well, I don't really know what he looks like, some fat fuckin' drag queen :D
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Fozzy41 wrote:I saw Ozzy twice on this tour, in Manchester and at Donington, and when I look back at clips from thar era I can't believe how ridiculous Ozzy looks, Jake looks great but Ozzy looks like, well, I don't really know what he looks like, some fat fuckin' drag queen :D
Odd isn't it! I don't remember thinking it was so shit back then but now seeing theses 86 videos again Ozzy looks rancid. :? :lol:
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
tedeeoo
Madman

Post by tedeeoo »

I have seen several post on other sites where people say that Jake was the only reason Metallica did not completely blow Ozzy off the stage on the U.S. leg of this tour. I had a best friend in high school that actually saw them in Nashville and said pretty much the same thing. And all of them say that Ozzy was completely wasted during this tour. It's really a shame because I love Jake's playing on that record, yes it's different and was probably more mainstream than what most Ozzy fans like, but I think that was Ozzy and Sharon's decision at the time, to compete with the "hair bands". Still some great playing on that record, I love the solos to "Never" and "Thank God For The Bomb" (really love the "major scale" sound to it). I heard "Shot In The Dark" last night and I still just love Jake's performance on that as well.
"The Only Two Things In Life That Make It Worth Livin"
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Jake and Bob were the only reason Motley Crue didn't completely blow Ozzy off the stage on the Bark tour...
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I saw Motley Crue and Ozzy in 84 at Donington with VH on the bill as well, I can honestly say that Ozzy and his band blew them both away that day.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

In Seattle Ozzy was very tame in '84... I'm glad you got a good show though! I saw Scorpions the day before (can't remember the opening act) and Heart two days later with Yngwie's Alcatrazz opening... quite a week.
tedeeoo
Madman

Post by tedeeoo »

I have seen Motley twice, and they put on a good show, the first time I saw them with Y&T opening for them and Dave Meniketti (now there's an underrated guitar player) just smoked but I still thought Crue had the better show. The second time I saw them with the 87 Whitesnake line-up opening and I have to say WS kicked their tail. None of those shows to me were as good as the Bark at the Moon show I have on dvd.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Y&T are an amazing band with one of the finest drummers to have graced this earth.
tedeeoo
Madman

Post by tedeeoo »

Leonard Haze, yes we are in agreement on all accounts when it comes to Y&T. I just love Dave Meniketti's guitar playing and his singing, he was John Sykes before anybody knew who John Sykes was, lol!! (don't get me wrong Mr. Sykes is freakin' awesome!!!)
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I hadn't heard Y&T for ages so I looked them up on YouTube... who came up in the 'related' section? Kingdom Come! Anybody remember them?
tedeeoo
Madman

Post by tedeeoo »

" Get It On", yea I remember those guys, I think their old drummer is with the Scorpions now. When their first record was about to come out Atlantic (I think) records "rushed" Robert Plant's album out before it because they thought KC sounded so much like Zeppelin. I remember one of their guitar players had a Les Paul Lite model (thinner than a std. or custom) in one of the videos.