Ozzy Wrongly Diagnosed

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Ozzy Wrongly Diagnosed

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

Doctors can scare the hell out of you and here's a good example...

10/05 - Ozzy Osbourne Mistakenly Diagnosed As Being HIV Positive

Blabbermouth.net reports that according to Mirror.co.uk, Ozzy Osbourne has revealed that he was diagnosed as being HIV positive.

The former BLACK SABBATH singer was devastated when he was wrongly told by a doctor that he had the disease.

He said: "I went to the doctor and had an AIDS test and he told me it was positive. That was one of the worst days of my life."

But Ozzy was granted a reprieve when a second test came back negative.

Doctors blamed the mistake on the singer's immune system which had taken a battering from years of booze and drugs. Ozzy, 60, who regularly slept with groupies in his heyday, told Glamour magazine: "When I used to fucking get loaded I would get myself into all kinds of situations.

"It turned out that because I was drinking and using drugs so much, my immune system had dropped so that it was a borderline result.
When I went back to be tested again it was negative." (source: King Hesh)
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Hm. I thought you either had the virus in your blood or you didn't. :? Oh well, he doesn't have it. That's what's important.
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Well, I think it turns into AIDs, but starts as HIV. I could be wrong though. Cause once you start counting T Cells, you already have AIDs....I think.
tedeeoo
Madman

Post by tedeeoo »

In the lab the initial screening test that we use tests for HIV1 AND 2, these are the viruses that cause the disease state known as AIDS, the initial screen would be confirmed by a "western blot" test, which has some specific markers for the virus (a very basic description). Once a person has been diagnosed, we can then use the B and T-Lymph cells to keep track of how the disease is progressing or responding to treatment. In a case like Ozzy's, a false positive HIV screen would not be suprising, AIDS is at it's most basic form a weakening of a person's immune system, hence Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome. NicDots you are correct in stating that a person who test positive for HIV will eventually develop AIDS, there are however, a few exceptions were a person will not only not develop the disease, but also revert to a "negative" HIV test, those cases are rare but they do happen.
"The Only Two Things In Life That Make It Worth Livin"