Ozzy to release autobiography.

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

If the paper back is out now, yes, paper back over hard back! But if not, hard back is just fine. PM me your Paypal info and we can et this worked out. Thanks! :D
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Might do the 3hr drive over to Birmingham on Thursday to Ozzy's book signing, problem is though that I might get over there and still not be among the few hundred who get to meet him. I've heard there's 300 tickets available from 9am on a first come first served basis, once there gone there gone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkFjiBie ... r_embedded
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Fozzy41 wrote:Might do the 3hr drive over to Birmingham on Thursday to Ozzy's book signing, problem is though that I might get over there and still not be among the few hundred who get to meet him. I've heard there's 300 tickets available from 9am on a first come first served basis, once there gone there gone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkFjiBie ... r_embedded
Gaz i would go for it mate 300 doesn't sound like many until you see the que. I would get there very early and sit it out 'til the shop opens. I don't know if the 300 wrist bands applies to the WHSmith signing, was this not just for HMV.
Thursday 8th October
4.30-6.30pm - Signing at WHS, 29 Union Street, Birmingham, B2 4LR - Tel: 0121 631 3303
I'd give the shop a ring and find out, plus the signing isn't 'til the afternoon. So are they going to give the wristbands out to the first 300 that buy the book ?. Or the first 300 in the que at 4:30pm ?
Gaz if you do go don't forget to get me and Nic a signed copy OK. I've got the money waiting :wink: Cheers mate.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Hi Shaun, yeah I think I'm gonna take a chance.
I've rang WH Smith and they've said the first 300 to buy the book from 10 am get a wristband, only one per customer though.
Problem is I've got to get the kids sorted out for school before I can set off, I can drop 'em off at a neighbours at 7:30 then its pedal to the metal down the motorway, shit, I wish I could get there earlier, even if I don't get a wristband I'll still hang about.
Apparently Ozzy's there for 2 hours, 300 fans, thats works out at just over 20 seconds per fan, fuckin' ell, thats not long, a quick squiggle on the book, maybe mumble a few words, and then we'll be kicked out on our arse. lol
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Don't fret too hard about getting me a signed copy. One would be awesome, but I'm sure this book will come out in the US and I'm sure that he'll do a signing in LA, which I could get to to no problem. But good luck, Gaz!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Gaz, Im sure that you'll be OK to get more then one signature. A guy on ebay has sold about 3-4 of his books. So if you do buy 2 try your best to get it signed. I'd give you the money for the book no problem. You know what they say.. "shy bairns get nowt in this world". At a push try and get your book signed twice. One on the dust jacket and one inside. That way you can swap the jacket over. I'm sure you'll find out how strict they'll be with the one signature rule. Just keep an eye on the people infront of you. Good luck anyway mate and we'll have a full report on your journey. Plenty pics mate ok :wink: Gaz could you get me a couple of the flyers about the signing please. I know Waterstones had some made up. But if you can get some Cool. Cheers
tedeeoo
Madman

Post by tedeeoo »

I wonder if he has anything to say about trying to get Jake to come back to his band during the 90's or otherwise. I'm sure it will be interesting, what I'd really like to hear him talk about is how he ( or he and Sharon) went about choosing his guitar players, what he looked for or listened for, because whether you like Ozzy or not, he is definately the best when it comes to choosing guitar players.
"The Only Two Things In Life That Make It Worth Livin"
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Well Gaz was the journey worth it ? Did you get to meet the 'Prince of Darkness' again. Or was it pedal to the metal and a que round the world :cry: . Let us know what happened OK mate. :wink:
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

tedeeoo wrote:I'd really like to hear him talk about is how he ( or he and Sharon) went about choosing his guitar players, what he looked for or listened for, because whether you like Ozzy or not, he is definately the best when it comes to choosing guitar players.
I wouldn't really say that it has been Ozzy's choice on who has played with his bands. Alot of his guitar players have been recommended to him from other people. Dana Strum introduced Randy to Ozzy and when he did audition he was stoned out of his face and Randy was tuning up ?. So he didn't really hear him to his full potential. I'm sure Zakk Wylde was introduced to him by a friend aswell ?.
tedeeoo
Madman

Post by tedeeoo »

I would still think it would be Ozzy and Sharon who would decide even if someone were recommended by someone else. I mean wasn't George Lynch supposed to have the gig at one point only to be canned by Ozzy. Of, course you may well be right about it, it seems things are never what they seem sometimes with Ozzy. Still be interesting to have his (Ozzy) take on that subject, especially about Jake being re-offered the job (yes I am a huge Jake fan), even more interesting to get Sharon's view on that subject (guitar players).
"The Only Two Things In Life That Make It Worth Livin"
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Well Gaz was the journey worth it ? Did you get to meet the 'Prince of Darkness' again. Or was it pedal to the metal and a que round the world :cry: . Let us know what happened OK mate. :wink:
What a long day, I'm knackered.
Firstly sorry to Shaun and Nic for not getting you a signed book. With me rushing about in the morning getting the kids sorted out I forgot my bleedin wallet, with my debit card in, had about £30 in cash on me but no card so couldn't buy more than one book, sorry, also forgot my bloody camera, shit, couldn't believe it, what a bastard. :oops:

Anyway, finally got to Birmingham just after 10 O'clock, about over 100 people already in the que, bought the book and they gave me a numbered ticket, and basically said if you want to guarantee youre book been signed you got to keep youre place in the que, don't leave. Had a good laugh though, kept each others places while we took it in turns going for summat to eat, toilet, etc The que was soon a few hundred strong snaking its way round the book racks.
We were told only books to be signed, nothing else, understandable really, but frustrating for me, Ozzy finally arrived just before 5 O'clock to
a massive cheer looking cool as fuck. After doing a few quick interviews he started signing books. Security said no posed photo's but we could take any from a distance while he was signing, someong in the que took some for me and said they'll send me 'em.

Seemed like forever for the que to go down, eventually it was my turn thankfully. While he was signing my book I asked how he was doing, he said "My hands fuckin' killing me with all this" I also asked about the possiblity of a full UK Tour next year which he said " Possibly, we'll see, it's been a while" I shook his hand and thanked him for doing the signing he said "Cheers, thanks for coming" and that was it, I was hurried along out the way.
Great to meet him again, but a bit too rushed for my liking, but when there's over 300 people waiting for an autograph its impossible to have much time with him for a chat. Glad I went though, I didn't get home until almost 11 O'clock, it was a long day but we made the most of it and met some great people throughout the day and we had a good laugh.
:D
He signed my book, "To Gaz, Best Wishes, Ozzy Osbourne" well when I say signed, I mean scrawled, a bit messy really. The first few in the que got quite good signatures, but the time he got to me it was a more like a squiggle, God knows what his autograph looked like by the time he done everyone, probably unrecognisable. :lol:
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Gaz... You were there? I was there right at the front of the queue. I must have missed you :( I got to meet Ozzy just after Carla, Karen (remember those two from the Ozzy gig years ago :P ). Great fun I tell you. I was unsure whether they'd given out all tickets as there was nowhere near the pandemonium that was apparent at the London one.

Still, I was interviewed on TV... Neat huh? :D It was played as well hahaha!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

skezza wrote: I was there right at the front of the queue. I must have missed you :( I got to meet Ozzy just after Carla, Karen (remember those two from the Ozzy gig years ago :P ). Great fun I tell you. I was unsure whether they'd given out all tickets as there was nowhere near the pandemonium that was apparent at the London one.
Still, I was interviewed on TV... Neat huh? :D It was played as well hahaha!
You sneeky fucker you never said a fucking word... It was Motorhead and Alice Cooper you wanted to see again... I think i may be going with OTHER friends :twisted:
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Cheers for that Gaz i noticed a few copies of his signed book on ebay and his signature looked very different. check out these links, does your signature look the same ? I could imagine that this book will be on ebay and it will be very hard to see what is and isn't a fake. These 2 signatures are very different. Joe could you post your signed book up so we can compare these Cheers.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Lol Shaun, to be honest, I didn't know until the day before I was going. Carla told me that he was down in Brum on Tuesday and I already had plans but i fucked them off to go meet the boss. Shaun, had I known, I'd have got you a book signed. I should have text you and asked actually. I've seen my interview on TV now, bad bad bad :D