Ozzy to release autobiography.

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I just found out that Ozzy's book will have it's US release in late January (the 25th, I think.) Maybe I'll go up and get my (second) book signed, LOL.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Lol Nic, pretty sharp that is. Shaun, my signature was shown with my interview on the news, so I will grab a still from the DVD I recorded and you can see it yourself. I was one of the very first so i reckon it would differ compared to Gaz's lol.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

skezza wrote:Gaz... You were there? I was there right at the front of the queue. I must have missed you :
Bloody 'ell mate, if I'd known you were going I'd have looked out for ya. What time did you get there?
You must have been early. I got there 10-ish and my ticket number was 134. By the time Ozzy arrived there was hundreds more there, not everyone got a ticket so some will have been dissapointed.
Did you talk to Ozzy at all? He was quite talkative I thought. I was thinking he'd say fuck all to anyone, just sign the books, but I was pleasantly suprised.
The girl just in front of me was having her book signed when her mobile went off, she said she could't speak right now 'cos she was meeting Ozzy Osbourne, her friend on the phone obviously didn't believe her so she handed the phone to Ozzy and he had a chat with her mate, unbelievable really, we was laughing like mad.
Did you get a picture with the Ozzman?
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

skezza wrote:Lol Nic, pretty sharp that is. Shaun, my signature was shown with my interview on the news, so I will grab a still from the DVD I recorded and you can see it yourself. I was one of the very first so i reckon it would differ compared to Gaz's lol.
Joe that's why i would like to see yours and Gaz's please. I want to compare it to others i've seen as i know Ozzy can do hundreds of signatures, no problem. I know that they will be slight differences when Ozzy is going hell for leather. It will become sloppy and his 'Osbourne' gets more abbreviated. I remember the Ozzy signature which was inside the 1986 single Shot in the Dark c/w Rock n Roll Rebel. That was a limited edition of 5000 but i'm sure Sharon did alot of those. I've seen about 10 different types and they are all numbered. These got done at different times of the release of the single, in batches. As they are done in different coloured inks and types of pen. Did WHSmiths put out any kind of flyer advertising Ozzy's signing ?.

Joe did you make the national news. ? Wor skezza famous Eh!!!! But cheers to both of you for giving us some fresh news to talk about. Joe you even made the news you lucky sneeky fucker. :twisted:
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Fozzy41 wrote:
skezza wrote:Gaz... You were there? I was there right at the front of the queue. I must have missed you :
Bloody 'ell mate, if I'd known you were going I'd have looked out for ya. What time did you get there?
You must have been early. I got there 10-ish and my ticket number was 134. By the time Ozzy arrived there was hundreds more there, not everyone got a ticket so some will have been dissapointed.

Did you talk to Ozzy at all?

Did you get a picture with the Ozzman?
Gaz, yeah, I was there pretty early. Most people drove whereas I did the more humble pilgrimage of firstly walking to the bus stop (about 20 - 30 minutes away) taking a bus to the train station, taking a train to new street where i then trekked to union street (in the dark, well ish) and met up with friends. I was ticket number 4. That is why I was on the news, because I was one of the first through and I think they wanted to rap it up pretty early (in under an hour i'd say). Ozzy was chatty to me. I had a nice few 20 or so second chat about guitar and he was a hell of a lot more lucid than I expected. Some people were in and out pretty quick and weren't sure what to say, but I actually wanted to just talk about guitar and Randy etc and he seemed quite interested. He asked if Randy was a big influence on my playing and I said i wouldn't be playing if it wasn't for randy, and he asked how long i'd been playing for. I loved the fact he was up for the chat.

Got a few pictures with Ozzy and with the camera footage shot from the TV, I can grab a few stills as I recorded it on an XP quality DVD. 8)

Shaun, I will get it uploaded asap. WHSmith had posters up on the walls outside that had clearly been mounted a few days (maybe weeks) before advertising the ozzy signing session.

As for the news, I don't know if it was national. Probably not. It isn't really that important (nationwide like lol) but it was just nice to see my gormed out (tired) face on the news lol
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Heres a few photo's from the book signing in Birmingham last Thursday.
This is the ticket we were all given to secure our place in the que.[/url]
Attachments
01.JPG
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

A cool photo of Ozzy as he's about to sign the hundreds of autographs on his autobiography
Attachments
02.jpg
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

I got to shake Ozzy's hand and thanked him for doing the book signing.
Attachments
04.JPG
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Ozzy's signature in my copy of his autobiography.
I thought it was good of him to actual personalise the signing if we wanted.
Attachments
03.JPG
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Cheers Gaz thats a nice item for your collection. "I fucking want one.." :evil: thats not me getting jealous.

It wasn't that long ago you said that you'd be lucky to get that close up with Ozzy. Was the security just a couple of guys either side of him ?. I didn't notice his PA Tony Dennis ? was he there ?. I noticed that they must of been giving out Ozzy balloons with the signing date and details on ?. Did you get any of those Gaz.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

No it wasn't just the two secutity guards, there was quite a few stood back a little, just making sure it didn't get out of hand, not letting too many people crowding near the table, checking bags and making sure no-one tried getting anything else signed. I saw a few people getting their bodies signed and spoke to a girl who got her upper arm signed by the Ozz in London a few days earlier and she'd had it tattoed.

I was hoping to get some other stuff signed but no chance, I sneaked the ticket stub from 2007 Birmingham NIA into the book, I was hoping he'd sign it as well as the book, I'm sure he would've, but when someone checked my book it fell out, nice try mate they said, oh fuck how did that get there? I wondered:lol:

Yeah Tony Dennis was there. I briefly spoke to him. At first he mistook me for someone else 'cos when I aproached him I said "Hi Tony I'm Gaz" and before I could say another word he apologised for not ringing me back that morning, I just looked blank, he said "I've spoke to Lynne about the football match". (bear in mind my wife's called Lynne) This freaked me out, I was gobsmacked, I said "You've spoke to my wife? He said "Lynne, Lynne Seagar, Youre not married to Lynne Seagar" I said "I know I'm not, and I don't play football" The conversation went like this for a few more seconds before we both burst out laughing realising it was mistaken identity. :lol: I asked for a photo with him but he laughed and said he didn't do photo's sorry.
I asked him how much influence he had over what Ozzy does, he said not a lot really, I just mentioned that a full UK Tour was long overdue, any chance of one next year, he just laughed and said we'll see, hopefully.
Never got one of the balloons.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Gaz you should of went along with Tony and bullshitted your way into getting Ozzy to sign all your stuff. Did you find out if they stayed in or around Brum that night ?. It was Dublin the next signing ?. was it the mext day ?.

So how far into the book are you ? did you read anything that surprised you or any new things that are blown out of proportion. I'd like to see what Ozzy's comments are about the accident and if he goes into detail about the Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake replacement. I noticed the book doesn't show any pics of that line up.

Joe have you just looked at the pics and then put the book away :lol: . I know that your copy would be much better in my collection. I've even made a space for it on my bookshelf. LOL! Have you had a browse through the book ...Don't tell me you've finished the first chapter :o
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Gaz you should of went along with Tony and bullshitted your way into getting Ozzy to sign all your stuff.
My thoughts exactly. As soon as I'd finished chatting to him and was walking out the store I was thinking why the fuck didn't I just go along with it for as long as I could, but to be honest he could see the look of shock on my face that I thought he'd rang my house talking to our lass, I'm still laughing about it now.

Haven't read too much of the book yet as I've had a busy weekend, but the bits I've read are quite interesting.
A lot is the stuff we've all read about loads of times before, but some of the personal stuff is suprising. He goes into detail about how he looks back and feels disgusted at the way he treated his first wife, Thelma, how she was a good wife and mother but he treat her like shit, and didn't deserve all that he put her through, including physical abuse, he regrets that big time now, also he talks about his relationship with his stepson Elliot and how that could've been a lot better.
He talks quite highly of Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake and what great blokes he thought they were, just a shame the way it all turned out with them suing him throughout the late 80's and the subsequent erasing of their parts on Blizzard and Diary, he says he had nothing to do with it and felt very uncomfortable about it all, but sort of understands why Sharon did it. Obviously he speaks very highly of Randy alll the time, and goes into quite a lot of detail about the crash, and his personal thoughts in the aftermath of it all.

Shaun, get youre arse down to the bookshop and buy the fuckin thing :lol: I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Fozzy41 wrote:Shaun, get youre arse down to the bookshop and buy the fuckin thing :lol: I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Gaz when you finish reading yours.. you know my address. Your not bothered about leaving the signature in the book you've got other Ozzy signatures LOL!..

Me brother is getting it for a present for my birthday in a couple of weeks time. I got Nics copy the other day and i was itching to have a read but i had to put it away. I read the dedication on the opening page to Randy which i thought was cool :wink:
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote: I read the dedication on the opening page to Randy which i thought was cool :wink:
Yeah I was pleased to see that. Its good to see Ozzy still holds a high regard for Randy.

Talking of Ozzy's guitarist's, whilst in the que waiting for Ozzy we got talking to quite a lot of people, mostly Sabbath or Ozzy fans going back many years, but there was also quite a few celebrity autograph hunters who didn't really have a clue about Ozzy's music at all, they were just there to see "Ozzy the celebrity"
Anyway whist chatting away to a few of 'em I asked which of Ozzy's guitarist's were their favourite (just to see if they'd done any research)
After thinking long and hard for a while one of 'em said
"Ermm, Tommy, that one called Tommy I think, with a funny last name"
I replied "Tommy? He's never worked with a guitarist called Tommy"
"Its definatley Tommy" he said "he's got dark hair and a 'tache, I think he was with Black Sabbath"
"Are you 'avin a laugh or just taking the piss" I said "It's not Tommy, its Tony, its Tony Iommi"
With that everyone around us just burst out laughing, I started to feel a bit sorry for this guy 'cos he blushed bright red with embarrassment.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Black Sabbath's latest guitarist Tommy Iommi, fuckin classic.