Ozzy to release autobiography.

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Stiltzkin

Ozzy to release autobiography.

Post by Stiltzkin »

from Blabbermouth.
Blabbermouth.net wrote:Ozzy Osbourne's long-awaited memoir will be published in the U.K. on October 1.
The book, titled "I Am Ozzy", was originally slated to arrive almost two years ago but was delayed twice.

The former BLACK SABBATH frontman and hard rock legend will detail his spectacular career in the book.

"I Am Ozzy, The Autobiography" chronicles the star's humble beginnings in the U.K. to his current position as international music and TV celebrity.

In a statement, he revealed what fans can expect from the bio, explaining:
"They've said some crazy things about me over the years. I mean,
okay: 'He bit the head off a bat.' Yes. 'He bit the head off a dove.' Yes.
But then you hear things like, 'Ozzy went to the show last night, but he wouldn't perform until he'd killed fifteen puppies…
Now me, kill fifteen puppies? I love puppies. I've got eighteen of the fucking things at home.
I've killed a few cows in my time, mind you. And the chickens. I shot the chickens in my house that night.
might be interesting. I'm getting this ... 8)
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Once it's out in the US, I'll pick it up.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Could be fun reading it!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I will be buying this so thanks for the heads up :D
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

NicDots wrote:Once it's out in the US, I'll pick it up.
meh ... get one of them nice brits here to send you a copy ;)
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Anyone know who is behind the book, which author etc.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Hows he gonna remember some of the stuff that he supposedly did. He's said loads of times he can't remember fuck-all most of the time.
It'll be full of other people memories of what he did, probably hugely exagerated, having said that, it'll probably be a good read,I'll be buying it.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

I see Ozzy's doing some book signings in early October in London and Birmingham. Wouldn't mind going if I could get some of my rare memorabillia signed and maybe a photo with him, but I bet its just a quick signature on his new book and then moved on down the line and out the door, so I think I'll give it a miss, I don't think its worth a 4hr drive.
I'd love to have the opportunity to talk to him and ask him a few questions but I'd never be given the chance.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Fozzy41 wrote:I see Ozzy's doing some book signings in early October in London and Birmingham. Wouldn't mind going if I could get some of my rare memorabillia signed and maybe a photo with him, but I bet its just a quick signature on his new book and then moved on down the line and out the door, so I think I'll give it a miss, I don't think its worth a 4hr drive.
I'd love to have the opportunity to talk to him and ask him a few questions but I'd never be given the chance.
Gaz is this for his new book ? I thought it was just at the primary stages. Where did you get this info ?. I know he's on TV 5th October Graham Norton's new chat show. So he'll be plugging the book and with a bit of luck he might be playing ?.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I wonder how much an Ozzy book will bring of new info to us, I get the feeling that for the past 20 years Ozzy has been living all his life in the open and very little was indoors.
I wonder just how much light he will shed on the 1980-1990 period that he hasn't already mentioned, now if he was to release a box set CD of his work that focused less on his finished albums and more on his songs as a work in progress htat would be something us die hard Ozzy fans could get excited about.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Shaun, Here's the link, sorry mate but there's no signings up your neck of the woods.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=127457
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Has anyone picked up a copy of Ozzy's book ?. I'm only going to buy it if it has fresh info. I don't want to be reading stuff that has been published before. I see it is available at amazon 40% off.
Jake66

Post by Jake66 »

Let's be honest here. Can any of you remember the last 20/30 years (if applicable) of your lives?? I can't, and although i have dabbled in both drink and drugs over the years,i consider myself a perfectly reasonable,sane person. When friends and I talk about the "past" we invariably have differing opionons of what happened on such occasions.
Most of Ozzy's stories are probably true,but ,like me in some instances (although Ozzy's probably had this trouble more than me!!) i can't remember what happened,and legend takes over!!!

Ozzy's story is obviously far more entertaining than mine,but always remember,hindsight is a wonderful thing.

If someone could write the definitive article on Ozzy/Sabbath etc. i'd be the first in the queue,but like me,Ozzy probably can't remember what he had for lunch last Tuesday,never mind where he played on Jan 12 1066!!!!

"I love you all!!"
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Would anyone in the UK be up to buying this book and sending it to me? I can pay you via Paypal or any other way you wish.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

NicDots wrote:Would anyone in the UK be up to buying this book and sending it to me? I can pay you via Paypal or any other way you wish.
I could do that for you Nic.. I have had alook at a few on line book stores and the cheapest i've seen the book for is £12.00 thats with 40% off. It is the hardback edition is that Cool or would you prefer the paper back it is cheaper. Let me know i think the shipping should be around about £5.00 1st class airmail. If anyone else would like a copy of the book please make an orderly que :wink: