Ozzy looking to replace Zakk

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

skezza wrote:Get the Jake back :P
won't happen though, and I don't think he will be rockin' like he did 22 years ago :(
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

I'd just like to see him play with buckethead once, although he is totally not ozzy's type of guitarists with all the fingertapping and stuff.

Someone new would be cool, but I don't think we should expect a new Rhoads or a new young zakk wylde..
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Stewie wrote:but I don't think we should expect a new Rhoads or a new young zakk wylde..
Not a clone, but Zakk was never a clone of Randy (neither was Jake, for that matter)... another new unknown to add to the legacy would suit me. Although it'd be funny as hell to have him hire Eddie, just to fuck with the legions!!!
zachrockafellow

Post by zachrockafellow »

Pshhh... I'd totally do it if I were older
McLowery
Madman

Post by McLowery »

skezza wrote:Get the Jake back :P
I bet just the idea of it would make Jake ill... lol His run with Ozzy, I'm pretty sure, left quite a sour taste for the industry on Jake's palette!
Oh bring me some CHUNKY PUDDING, and bring it RIGHT NOW!!!
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I heard that Ozzy and all the Osbournes are stranded in Argentina...they are right in the middle of a blizzard, apparently. Maybe phone lines are down? They were filming for Jack's show, so most likely they were in the middle of nowhere. Hopefully Ozzy will call him when he gets back.
I doubt Ozzy likes confrontation too much, but man, he had to start shit by saying stupid things in a magazine interview. Poor Zakk. He 100000% deserves better. :(
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Damn this is out of the blue :(

Much as i love Zakk, and believe me i do pinch harmonics and everything, i must admit i would like to hear ozzy work with other guitarists.

But Zakk deserves better than this. They should have told him before news broke everywhere. Someone fucked up :( :x

I hope that if Ozzy does get a new guy he picks someone who will take things in a totaly different direction.

Rob
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Hasn't Zakk said that he is back in the band again within the past few days? I think he has confirmrd he will be playing on the next album and tour.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Gabriel Raphael
Cool Member

Post by Gabriel Raphael »

Trigger wrote:Hasn't Zakk said that he is back in the band again within the past few days? I think he has confirmrd he will be playing on the next album and tour.
peace

the record is already finished i heard
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

As of July 31st:

"Zakk noted that he was supposed to go into the studio with Ozzy in September to finish his tenth studio album. It's unclear when the album will be ready for release. "
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Paul Wolfe wrote:As of July 31st:

"Zakk noted that he was supposed to go into the studio with Ozzy in September to finish his tenth studio album. It's unclear when the album will be ready for release. "
And it looks like he will tour with Ozzy aswell.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Just watched a few clips of Ozzy at Blizzcon...he brought little Yuto from Japan along to play Crazy Train with him and Gus. It was extremely cool of him to do that in my book. 8) He even picked up Yuto up (ala Randy) and showed him off to those who couldn't see him cause he's so little. Gus is great, as expected. I think his sound is a little too trebly for my liking, but hey it's only his first show playing Ozzy tunes. Anyway, what did you all think?
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.