Working Ozzy into the grave - Pay Out from The Sun

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Working Ozzy into the grave - Pay Out from The Sun

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I seen this in the paper today and it makes me laugh how many people have said that $haron would work Ozzy into an early grave LOL!! well they have managed to get a libel damages pay out for 'just that'..

Sharon Osbourne has accepted libel damages from The Sun newspaper over a 2007 story which alleged she was driving husband Ozzy "to destruction".
The 56-year-old former X Factor judge accepted an apology and a substantial, undisclosed sum of money.
Her solicitor told the court that the allegations were "entirely without foundation" and "extremely distressing, hurtful and damaging".
The star was not at London's High Court for the settlement.
Solicitor John Kelly said the article, published in October 2007, claimed that Mrs Osbourne was "driving her frail husband Ozzy Osbourne to destruction" and was working him "so hard she will kill him".
It alleged that she was forcing the Black Sabbath star to perform in a series of live shows in order to fund her exorbitant spending.
The article continued: "Sharon will keep Ozzy on the road until, like Tommy Cooper, he dies on stage".
Mr Kelly said the publication had caused damage to his client's personal and professional reputation and she had suffered considerable embarrassment and distress.
'No alternative'
Patrick Callaghan, solicitor for News Group Newspapers, said it sincerely apologised and accepted that the allegations were untrue and ought never to have been published.
In addition to the libel damages, the newspaper also agreed to pay Mrs Osbourne's costs.
A spokesman for the star said: "Sharon is delighted to have won her case. She would prefer not to have to take legal action against the media, but had no alternative in this case.
"Sharon and Ozzy are pleased that they can put this matter behind them," she added.
Last year, Ozzy Osbourne accepted libel damages from the Daily Star over allegations he suffered a health scare which jeopardised the 2008 Brit Awards, at which he was a co-host.
The article claimed Osbourne collapsed twice before the ceremony, implying that he was in such poor health that he was incapable of presenting. Express Newspapers apologised and accepted the allegations were untrue and should not have been published.
The Flying Dutchman

Re: Working Ozzy into the grave - Pay Out from The Sun

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:The article continued: "Sharon will keep Ozzy on the road until, like Tommy Cooper, he dies on stage".
I don't know, Ozzy tried to retire a few times but just can't quit. Sometimes he is maybe pushed a bit by $haron but I think that in the end Ozzy himself decides to carry on or not.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

What else can Ozzy do? he is a showman off stage as well as on! I imagine while people wish to pay and he wants to do it he will just go on and on.
I hope so anyway, I have seen him many times and I often think I can seee the end for him as a live performer then next time he seems as fresh as he was back in the early 80's when I saw him for the first time. 8)
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Agreed Trigg, I''ve also seen him live many times, sometimes good and sometimes not so good, but he always has a go, it'll be a sad day when he chucks it for good.
I remember seeeing him in Feb'86 in Manchester which I thought was great, in August '86 I saw him at Donington and was really dissapointed and people were slagging him off and saying he should retire, a couple of years later i saw him again and he was as good as ever, he probably has more ups and downs than most performers but so what, I personally hope he carries on for a few more years yet.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll