So, does Ozzy use a backing track?

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

So does Ozzy use a backing track?

Yes, all the time.
7%
Nope.
36%
For a part or two.
57%

Total votes: 14

Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Stiltzkin wrote:didn't he have a guy on the side
who sing/sang for him as well ? :shock:
Not Ozzy this time but

I saw Def Leppard at a festival and it was the first show back after the drummer lost his arm. They had Rick up on stage drumming while someone else off stage did all the work :? , I always thought R=ick was a better drummer with one arm than he ever had been with two.

Ian
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Stiltzkin wrote:didn't he have a guy on the side
who sing/sang for him as well ? :shock:
Really?
I've NEVER heard that before. Seems like a waste when you can just mic someone else in the band. That's what he did at my show a few weeks ago. Zakk, Blasko, and Adam were all miced and when he couldn't do the singing, the guy at the soundboard turned him down and boosted Zakk.
Randy Perry

Post by Randy Perry »

This is all some crazy stuff. I have to say that the concept of Ozzy going BACK INTO the studio to record some goofed up lyrics for his live performance... that's classic. Saturday Night Live can't write comedy that good!

The last time I saw Ozzy I actually thought he was going to keel over and die on stage - he looked so sickly. That was back in 2000 or something with Sabbath... they started playing The Wizard... I don't know if anyone told Ozzy 'cause I had no idea what song HE was singing. So that would be a "no" on the taped vocals at that show.
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

True, ozzy's voice can be a bit off sometimes so you notice he isn't using a backing track.. I hope you don't think ozzy recordes bad backing tracks to lay at his live concert cause that would be.. stupid?

From all I've seen he isn't using a backing track, but I actually really don't care because he is ozzy and I know that he can sing it right without a backing track.
Blaclsmith13

Post by Blaclsmith13 »

When I Saw Ozzy In October He Only Used Back Tracking On ''I Don't Wanna Stop''
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

does ozzy ever "train" his voice (for lack of a better term)? im sure lots of singers must practice everyday to keep their voice on top form, i remember on the osbournes seeing ozzy warm up his voice before a show but nothing beyond that.

if he put some effort in i reckon his voice could sound years younger
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I think Ozzy's bike accident years ago kinda took a lot out of his singing. If I remember correctly, he broke 8 ribs and punctured his lungs. That never really heals. I think that probably affected his breathing/singing.
I imagine that Ozzy has taken some vocal training, but not much.
DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

I just saw Ozzy last night......He's using a backing track on certain songs for sure.....The new ones...."I'm Not Going Away" and "I Don't Wanna Stop"....He's singing along with the original recorded vocals....100%....Everything in his set is on a click track(that's how they can get away with using recorded vocals)....Zakk got a bit off on I Don't Wanna Change The World and you could tell....

But it's his regular voice on everything else(with the use of an auto tuner/pitch corrector)

But all in all it was a fantastic show..........
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

DayNah wrote:I just saw Ozzy last night......He's using a backing track on certain songs for sure.....The new ones...."I'm Not Going Away" and "I Don't Wanna Stop"....He's singing along with the original recorded vocals....100%....Everything in his set is on a click track(that's how they can get away with using recorded vocals)....Zakk got a bit off on I Don't Wanna Change The World and you could tell....

But it's his regular voice on everything else(with the use of an auto tuner/pitch corrector)

But all in all it was a fantastic show..........
Well, i guess they won't be releasing a live DVD from this tour then :cry:
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Even if they have it as a click on track, that doesn't explain how his pre-recorded voice takes care of his lyrical flubs.
I'm thinking he has more put on his voice at the soundbooth.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Trigger wrote:Well, i guess they won't be releasing a live DVD from this tour then :cry:
Why not? it's an easy thing to go into the studio and repair the show.

You know why KISS's Alive was so great? They recorded it in a studio :roll:
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I wouldn't buy the DVD anyhow, even if the screw ups were fixed.
It's just Budokan with 3 different songs from a different album.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

NicDots wrote:I wouldn't buy the DVD anyhow, even if the screw ups were fixed.
It's just Budokan with 3 different songs from a different album.
I bought that and never even watched it, Ozzy's gigs for the last few years merge into one indistinct mush now. Not like the pre 1992 shows, they all had something different about them.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I got the Budokan DVD because it was more "live" than Live and Loud. I liked to see Zakk's fretting and stuff...Live and Loud certainly didn't help at all in that department. I do love the vibe of Live and Loud. I wish I could have seen that tour.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

NicDots wrote:I do love the vibe of Live and Loud. I wish I could have seen that tour.
It was a great tour, when I saw them they played 'Snowblind' which was really great to hear by Ozzy without 'Sabbath'