Does anyone else feel that Ozzy has become too mainstream?

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

zmack mylde
Cool Member

Does anyone else feel that Ozzy has become too mainstream?

Post by zmack mylde »

the reason i started this thread is because I notice that Ozzy is trying "clean' up his image, like going to that George Bush convention because he has become a household name since his TV show made him big. For example he now claims that the song "Bloodbath in Paradise" is not about Manson, it's about the Vietnam War. I remember when that album first came out he talked about how that song was about Manson. Look at the lyrics it is clear it is about Charlie. I don't know why he is trying to renig his past just because he the Beverly Hills 90120 crowd now likes him, these are the same people that would spit at him before the tv show made him a household name.
ozzyrules

Post by ozzyrules »

You apparently know nothing about Ozzy.

Stay out of this section scrub.

Ozzy doesn't care about what people think about him.

He was invited to the White House, God forbid if he accepted it. The Osbournes didn't make him big, he was already big.

And, when did he say that 'Bloodbath In Paradise' wasn't abot Manson? And even if it was, he wasn't glorifying him in it, he was talking about the dangers he caused. So whether it is about Manson or not, it doesn't matter.

Stop trying to make Ozzy look bad. Either learn more about him before you make false threads, or stay out of here.
[img]http://i51.tinypic.com/2ljgosl.jpg[/img]
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I think Ozzy is just maturing and does want to distance himself from some of his questionable antics in the past. I respect anyone who can see their mistakes and make the effort to change.
Blaclsmith13

Post by Blaclsmith13 »

Yeah....Plus I Don't Think Hearing Anything About Black Rain Being Released On ''Big'' Name Music Stations.....Or His Videos Being Played On TV...Which I Wonder Why

And Ozzy Was And Is Still Ozzome \m/
ozzyrules

Post by ozzyrules »

Blaclsmith13 wrote:Yeah....Plus I Don't Think Hearing Anything About Black Rain Being Released On ''Big'' Name Music Stations.....Or His Videos Being Played On TV...Which I Wonder Why

And Ozzy Was And Is Still Ozzome \m/
You hardly see any older bands music videos played anymore :?

But I've seen "I Don't Wanna Stop" played on MTV2 a few times...along with some other videos...
[img]http://i51.tinypic.com/2ljgosl.jpg[/img]
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I'd say no. I think he's grown up, which is a good thing. Not so much 'gone mainstream.'
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Skully wrote:I'd say no. I think he's grown up, which is a good thing. Not so much 'gone mainstream.'
I agree.
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Skully wrote:I'd say no. I think he's grown up, which is a good thing. Not so much 'gone mainstream.'
"Mainstream" has changed A LOT since Ozzy started his career. Crazy Train is an NFL standard and was used in a Toyota commercial for crying out loud.

Maybe "mainstream" has gone Ozzy?
Blaclsmith13

Post by Blaclsmith13 »

[quote="Paul Wolfe"][quote="Skully"]I'd say no. I think he's grown up, which is a good thing. Not so much 'gone mainstream.'[/quote]

"Mainstream" has changed A LOT since Ozzy started his career. [i]Crazy Train[/i] is an NFL standard and was used in a Toyota commercial for crying out loud.

Maybe "mainstream" has gone Ozzy?[/quote]

Guy Makes A Good Point
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Weren't we discussing Ozzy's image? I think Ozzy's image has 'gone mainstream' by going 'mature' in the sense that he doesn't act like a drunken jackass any longer.
Blaclsmith13

Post by Blaclsmith13 »

You Make A Good Point Too....And Has Anyone Seen A (Almost) 59 Year Old Man Look That Good?
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Yeah, Ozzy looks pretty good for his age. He's had that kind of babyface kinda deal his whole life though. I remember when there were rumors going around that he had gotten a face lift (he cleared that up on Leno and Stern though.) Could be botox I suppose. Then again, with the medication I'm sure he's on in his system, I imagine he'd explode if he added botox to the mix. :lol:
Guys age better than gals though, sadly. My dad is in his late 60s, he's still got his original hair color mostly and barely has a wrinkle in sight. :shock:
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

i dont think ozzy has intentionaly gone mainstream.

he just happened to be in a tv series that had a huge amount of success, after that you cant help but be mainstream...

furthermore the osbournes has highlighted the fact that although ozzy still gets up to the occastional antic he doesnt "hang from the rafters with all the other bats" like people think, he's a pretty average guy. This has made ozzy more socially acceptable.

the osbournes is becoming more of a memory everyday now, so ozzys mainstream appeal is diminishing, in another 5 years it wouldnt surprise me if he's known only to his fans.
zmack mylde
Cool Member

Post by zmack mylde »

rice_pudding wrote:i dont think ozzy has intentionaly gone mainstream.

he just happened to be in a tv series that had a huge amount of success, after that you cant help but be mainstream...

furthermore the osbournes has highlighted the fact that although ozzy still gets up to the occastional antic he doesnt "hang from the rafters with all the other bats" like people think, he's a pretty average guy. This has made ozzy more socially acceptable.

the osbournes is becoming more of a memory everyday now, so ozzys mainstream appeal is diminishing, in another 5 years it wouldnt surprise me if he's known only to his fans.

Yeah but what about the way he is trying to cover up his past for example now saying Bloodbath in Paradise is about Vietnam. He used to say its about Manson but now he changed his story and said it's about the Vietnam war.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Where did he say that it was now about the Vietnam war?
And how is that mainstream? I think the Manson murders and the Vietnam war were both pretty bad, without one being more 'mainstream' (which is a word I wouldn't use to describe a murder or a war).