Ozzy Trivia!

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Alex wrote:
Trigger wrote:He is a much better drummer than Mike Bordan
I always liked Mike in Faith No More. He is much more suited playing that funky stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BclS5syB9Zg
fully agreed :D Mike was great in 'Faith No More' and the song and video 'Epic' is still one of my favorite songs. But In Ozzy i think he is a little lame. I hate Ozzy's stuff to be flooded with drums, Carmine Appice being guilty of that, but Mike is the opposite of Carmine and leaves gaps crying out for riffs. Brian was much better in the Ozzy band.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I think Mike is alright...not my favorite, but he's alright. Randy Castillo takes the favorite spot.
I remember whenever I'd see Ozzy live and they'd play War Pigs, it never sounded right for me. :? It sounded a bit off and it always bothered me. I remember listening to Ozzy on the local radio station and the DJ was interviewing him about the band and Ozzy said he found Mike while doing War Pigs with him and some other guys at some LA club and then Ozzy went onto say that he loves Mike, despite that he fucks up War Pigs. :shock: :lol:
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

NicDots wrote:
I remember whenever I'd see Ozzy live and they'd play War Pigs, it never sounded right for me. :? It sounded a bit off and it always bothered me. Ozzy went onto say that he loves Mike, despite that he fucks up War Pigs. :shock: :lol:
I have heard War Pigs by Ozzy a few times and it was never a song I cared for. When I was at the reunion Sabbath shows in 1997 when Bill Geezer Tony & Ozzy got back together for the very first time to do a full show, They kicked the show with War Pigs (as you will know from the album they recorded) and at that point I realised that the reason it sounded wrong was that Bill plays it better. I had never been a fan of Bill but right there and then I realised that all those tunes are played better by him. I do admire his playing now and understand why he plays as he does.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Right, here's a question : - What World Record did Ozzy break in 2003?
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I'm having a stab at this one ...Was it the most amount of gigs played...? Probably wrong but..

An earlier question was what words are under the Grim Reaper skull tattoo and its the tatooist's name Robertez '81 Benedict... Well i think thats his name ?
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

Fozzy41 wrote:Right, here's a question : - What World Record did Ozzy break in 2003?
The only world record I'm aware ozzy did, was Most Singles Sold went to Mr Crowley single in 1981.

but 2003? x_x

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

No one answered my question. :cry:

And I can answer the last one...Ozzy broke the record for longest time elapsed between number one singles in 2003...for the Abomination that was Changes. :lol:
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

NicDots wrote:No one answered my question. :cry:

And I can answer the last one...Ozzy broke the record for longest time elapsed between number one singles in 2003...for the Abomination that was Changes. :lol:
lmao!

My mum loves Changes with Kelly and Ozzy, but i prefer the original!

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

NicDots wrote:No one answered my question. :cry:

Haven't got a clue, but I'll guess, 8lb 20z ?

Yeah you've got the answer to my question,. well almost, it was actually the time between first entering the charts (Paranoid No 4 1970) upto getting his first number one single 2003 with Changes. Something like over 33 years, he beat Lulu's record of 29 years.
Isn't it ironic, it's probably the worst Ozzy single ever and yet it's the only one to get ever to number 1, its amazing how much sympathy you get for falling off a Quad bike. LOL
Attachments
Ozzy's world record clipping.JPG
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Fozzy41 wrote: his first number one single 2003 with Changes its amazing how much sympathy you get for falling off a Quad bike. LOL
That has to be one of the shitest songs ever released by anyone ever! I found it vomit worthy with all those Daddy im grown up bollocks lyric changes.

I thought about it too long now im feeling like vomiting again :oops:
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Trigger wrote:
Fozzy41 wrote: his first number one single 2003 with Changes its amazing how much sympathy you get for falling off a Quad bike. LOL
That has to be one of the shitest songs ever released by anyone ever! I found it vomit worthy with all those Daddy im grown up bollocks lyric changes.

I thought about it too long now im feeling like vomiting again :oops:
come on, its not that bad :?:
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Ozzy weighed in at 10 lbs when he was born. :lol: He said he was probably the fattest baby born in his city that year.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

NicDots wrote:Ozzy weighed in at 10 lbs when he was born. :lol: He said he was probably the fattest baby born in his city that year.
Thats big but I was even heavier! my poor mum :lol: