Ozzy Osbourne or Heaven and Hell?

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Fozzy41
Madman

Ozzy Osbourne or Heaven and Hell?

Post by Fozzy41 »

Having seen both Ozzy and Heaven and Hell twice this year I was just thinking about who was the better live act. Back in the early 80's there was all this Ozzy V Dio thingy going on, Ozzy rules and Dio drules and all that bollocks. It was often quite funny listening to two sets of arguments. I've got to say Ozzy edged it for me then. Fast forward over 25 years and things are a bit different now. Although I still really enjoyed seeing Ozzy in concert during the summer, it is quite obvious he's not the singer or performer that he was back then. Heaven and Hell on the other hand have only improved with age, as musicians they were awesome, and Dio's vocals sounded as strong, if not stronger than ever, I wish the same could be said for Ozzy. Having said that, I think the Ozzy concerts were also great, he puts in a lot of effort and seems genuinly pleased to be up there, and the atmophere was second to none, far better than Heaven and Hell, but then again, Ozzy only played 2 UK dates, Heaven and Hell played 11, so it's obvious the Ozzy dates were going to be packed. whereas Heavena nd Hell playing so many Arena size venues were going to struggle.
I could go on and on, but enough of me waffling, I enjoyed both sets of concerts, and even though I'm more of an Ozzy fan than a Dio fan, Heaven and Hell were the better live act IMO.
Any thoughts?
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I've not seen H&H so who knows if my opinion is really even valid. :lol:
In all honesty, Dio is a great singer, but I can't say I really like any of his work with Sabbath. I don't care what anyone says, but Sabbath became a TOTALLY different band when Dio joined, one that I wasn't really wild about. I've never been a fan of the operetic stylings of Dio. Not to mention his lyrics are super lame (hey, not like the Ozzy lyrics are much better!).

But when it comes down to which I like more, it's more of this question: do I prefer Dio working with Sabbath or do I prefer Randy with Ozzy? And it's Randy with Ozzy, without a doubt.
Dio is probably most def. a better singer than Ozzy right now (as in he can hit all the notes, etc) but Dio just doesn't have the tunes or the energy Ozzy has.
DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

Apples and oranges......

Heaven and Hell was/is amazing but those songs/albums will never touch any of Ozzy's Sabbath or early albums(in my opinion......

I saw Ozzy on the DTE tour a couple years ago and he blew the roof off the place.....I saw Heaven and Hell in the same venue and they were good(too be honest Megadeth blew them off the stage)....

I really wish I would have had the chance to see Ozzy when I was younger......