Anyone going to see Heaven and Hell?

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

siro_angel wrote:
I see what ya mean it does look familiar..

Although i doubt Dio will hang himself and I doubt he'll be flung across the room from a capapult.. :lol:

Simon
not willingly perhaps, but who says he'll see it coming :twisted:
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Just returned from a great gig. Absoloutely fantastic! My opinion of Dio and Iommi has sky rocketed, especially Iommi. I knew Dio was a great singer, but Iommi was on fire and really impressed me. I also was impressed with Iced Earth. Tim Ripper Owens on vocals sounded really good and it worked really well. Lamb of God were not my thing at all. They were not very impressive and the only thing excelling was the size of the moshpit that formed directly behind me. Luckily, i could see it coming so i got to the front of it, so i had a nice view of the stage. I wouldn't of lost any sleep had i needed to take a leak while they were playing put it that way :lol:.

Heaven and Hell were amazing, utterly brilliant. Excelling in every department and showing why they are still worth the money and highly professional musicians. It raised the thought with me and a couple of guys around me I met, will Zeppelin be as good as these when they reunite, this was one brilliant gig.

At the end, just as it was drawing to a close, the cherry got placed on the top when Tony Iommi threw out a number of plectrums and i, being the little lemming I am jumped to the floor, being crushed and trodden on and scoured the floor for a pick, which i ended up getting :D. One had landed right in front of me, but i missed that one sadly, so i felt it was my mission to obtain one. I took loads of pictures sad about 95% of them turned out really bad :lol:. Theres about 100 of them, but ill probably put them on myspace so if anyone wants to look through the baddies they can :D
Attachments
Iced Earth towards the end of their set!
Iced Earth towards the end of their set!
The stage minutes before Black Sabbath entered!
The stage minutes before Black Sabbath entered!
Just a minute or two after they entered the stage
Just a minute or two after they entered the stage
Flaired up slightly :(
Flaired up slightly :(
Bit better...
Bit better...
The lighting says it all :P
The lighting says it all :P
About 15 minutes into the gig!
About 15 minutes into the gig!
IMAGE_00071.jpg
IMAGE_00078.jpg
IMAGE_00109.jpg
IMAGE_00113.jpg
drum solo!
drum solo!
The best till last hey haha, right at the end!
The best till last hey haha, right at the end!
oops, they're out of order lol. If you want the first photo, first, scroll to the bottom :P
oops, they're out of order lol. If you want the first photo, first, scroll to the bottom :P
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Ok, Joe, first lesson in obtaining items fallen on ground 101:
Now, this is coming from catching doubloons (coin-like item) from Mardi Gras float:
STEP ON ITEM TO AVOID FINGERS GETTING CRUSHED! hahahaha.
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Joe i knew you'd have a good time mate ...Me being the Metal fossil i am i don't know what was better seeing them the first time round in 1980 or when i seen them last week...Joe but you didn't meet the lads after the show ..It made my night to meet the legendary Ronnie James Dio Mr Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Mr Vinnie Appice...I just hope they do this again, but somehow i don't think they will...It would be cool to see Dio reunited with Blackmore doing early Rainbow stuff that would be well impressive..
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Joe i knew you'd have a good time mate ...Me being the Metal fossil i am i don't know what was better seeing them the first time round in 1980 or when i seen them last week...Joe but you didn't meet the lads after the show ..It made my night to meet the legendary Ronnie James Dio Mr Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Mr Vinnie Appice...I just hope they do this again, but somehow i don't think they will...It would be cool to see Dio reunited with Blackmore doing early Rainbow stuff that would be well impressive..
Yes, and reuniting with maybe Viv to do a reacration of the holy diver tour :)
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Hi Joe

Remember all those long chats wehave had about how powerful Tony's riffs are? and how he writes the best/strongest riffs in rock music! they send a shiver down my spine...........do you now agree that although Randy was better at solo's and fills Tony writes the most powerfull riffs?

Also don't you think Vinnie is a really great drummer, on a level with people like Tommy Aldridge and pisses on his very vain older fatter brother Carmine.

And does this mean we are both going to see Sabbath together when they get back with Ozzy?
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Joe i knew you'd have a good time mate ...Me being the Metal fossil i am i don't know what was better seeing them the first time round in 1980 or when i seen them last week.....
I think I enjoyed it more last week, if only because I never thought i'd get the chance to see this line-up again. When I was in my early teens every concert I went to was great, (or so I thought at the time 'cos concerts were new to me) but as I've got older and been to hundreds of gigs I am a lot more critical than I used to be, I am not as easily impressed as what I once was, so to be blown away by a band who's members are all well into their late 50's I think is quite something, I was well impressed and enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. I enjoyed it that much I'm trying to get away from work early tonight to catch the band in Nottingham. Oh yeah, nearly forgot, I much prefer it when they do Dio era material only, I know Dio is a far superior singer to Ozzy, but I don't really like his versions of early Sabbath stuff, so I think it was a great idea to stick to only Dio era, and that way we got a chance to hear some never heard before classics live.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Fozzy41 wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Joe i knew you'd have a good time mate ...Me being the Metal fossil i am i don't know what was better seeing them the first time round in 1980 or when i seen them last week.....
I think I enjoyed it more last week, if only because I never thought i'd get the chance to see this line-up again. When I was in my early teens every concert I went to was great, (or so I thought at the time 'cos concerts were new to me) but as I've got older and been to hundreds of gigs I am a lot more critical than I used to be, I am not as easily impressed as what I once was, so to be blown away by a band who's members are all well into their late 50's I think is quite something, I was well impressed and enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. I enjoyed it that much I'm trying to get away from work early tonight to catch the band in Nottingham. Oh yeah, nearly forgot, I much prefer it when they do Dio era material only, I know Dio is a far superior singer to Ozzy, but I don't really like his versions of early Sabbath stuff, so I think it was a great idea to stick to only Dio era, and that way we got a chance to hear some never heard before classics live.
right on ;) 8)
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Hey Joe

What do you think of Tony's riffs V Randy now then?
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.