Ozzy Auction

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Sarab
Mass Poster

Ozzy Auction

Post by Sarab »

Just read this on my internet provider's news:

Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne to Auction Furniture, Art and Collectibles From 3 Homes

This photo released by Julien's Auctions shows the black leather furniture of Jack Osbourne's bedroom in his Beverly Hills, Calif., home. The bedroom furniture and a cast-iron crucifix are among some 500 items to be auctioned Nov. 30, 2007, by 58-year-old rocker Ozzy Osbourne and his wife Sharon. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the Sharon Osbourne Colon Cancer Foundation. (AP Photo/Julien's Auctions)
10-08-2007 3:13 PM
By SANDY COHEN, AP Entertainment Writer

LOS ANGELES (Associated Press) -- Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne are doing some housecleaning. The 58-year-old rocker and his wife are selling art, furniture and collectibles from their homes in Malibu, Beverly Hills and England.

The Nov. 30 auction will also feature items from their MTV reality show, "The Osbournes," including son Jack Osbourne's black leather bedroom furniture and a cast-iron crucifix that adorned Ozzy's den in various episodes.

A portion of the proceeds will benefit the Sharon Osbourne Colon Cancer Foundation.

"It's time to unload," said Sharon Osbourne, who celebrates her 55th birthday on Wednesday. "We just have an overabundance of possessions that we do not need."

With their three children now grown and out of the house, the couple have changed their style and moved to a new home, she told The Associated Press, adding that parting with hundreds of items has been "one of the most refreshing things I've done."

Ozzy, however, doesn't share his wife's enthusiasm.

"I don't know why we are selling everything as I want it all," Osbourne said in a statement.

He will perform a benefit concert at the Staples Center in Los Angeles on Nov. 30, the first night of the sale.

"Ozzy gets very attached to things," Sharon explained. "He doesn't like change at all."

Highlights from the auction will be shown at The 02 arena in London on Nov. 5.

The sale, administered by Julien's Auctions, will be held Nov. 30 and Dec. 1 at the Gibson Guitar Showroom in Beverly Hills. Bids can be placed in person, by phone or over the Internet.

___
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

so where do they live now?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Gina does Mike know that youve put bids in for the black leather bedroom furniture and the cast-iron crucifix... Are you sure they'll go with the decor... :wink:
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

who's gonna buy all that furniture knowing full well the osbournes animals have soiled it on dozens of occasions. :lol:
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

hahahaha. No I am not bidding for the furniture. Abby would like to have it, tho. OHHHHH, I forgot about the crucifix.....
And that's MADAM mistress to you. :wink:
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

as in 'house of ill repute'?
Last edited by frank on Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

frank wrote:as in 'house of ill repute'?
hahaha. I'll ill repute you.
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.