I want to know if youd agree with my parents.

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

lil_miz_rhoads
Cool Member

I want to know if youd agree with my parents.

Post by lil_miz_rhoads »

I get aggravated over this. You see ozzy has this new album called black rain. and i wanted to go to his concert. But my mom and dad said no it is too much for a ten year old. at the age of ten i believe im old enough to go. do you agree with my parents or me?
My life is a Black abyss...
XXMisunderstoodXX
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

I think your parents should take you!! I took my son to meet Sabbath at the age of 8
ken01fan
Cool Member

Post by ken01fan »

my first concert was "twisted sister" and "iron maiden" way back in 1984, and i was only 11 !!!! but i do remember dee snider had quite the dirty mouth on him. also, ozzy's not getting any younger so you may not get the chance to see him when you get older.
Randy Rhoads: Simply the best!!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I agree with your parents. You're a kid and should do kid things. There will be plenty of time for concerts when you're a teen. I've got a 13 and 15 year old and I'd think twice about letting either of them go to a concert alone.
ken01fan
Cool Member

Post by ken01fan »

i do agree that you shouldn't go alone !!
Last edited by ken01fan on Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

Depends of your personality, but still, 10 years is a little bit to young to go alone.. Depends of where you stand, but when you are young, the taller people will block the vision of the stage..
I would say no ;)
Dan
Cool Member

Post by Dan »

I agree with the folks. Ten is a little young just yet.

I went to a concert with my mom at age 11 - The Beach Boys!

I did get to see KISS in '79 but my friend's dad took us. I was 12 going on 13 then.

Go easy on the parents. They're trying to do what is in your best interest. :wink:

Geez, did I actually say that?!
Baking the cookies of discontent by the heat of the laundromat vent...
lil_miz_rhoads
Cool Member

Post by lil_miz_rhoads »

i wasnt going alone my uncle rodney was taking me because he is both of our favorite singer im tellin ya ozzy rox
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

10 may for some be a little young to hang around on message boards, but when I was 10 I created a message board that now (5 years later) has 2000 registred members :-)
But I still agree, if you were my kid, I woulnd't let you go either.
10 years old stays 10 years old, you'll just have to accept it..
Six_Strung_Out
Cool Member

Post by Six_Strung_Out »

Ask your parents to buy you one of those electric guitar, small amp, guitar strap and pick packages that you can get at all of the big box stores.

Spend 5 years using it and learning all about the kind of music you like.

Then you will be old enough to type interesting posts here and not only go to a concert---you might be onstage in one
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I think it's a bit too young to be hitting up an Ozzy concert. My first concert was the Fab Four. :cool: I think I was maybe 10. But Fab Four and Ozzy are totally different. Maybe...MAYBE it would be ok if you had an unlce or someone like that to go with. But eh, I would still be unsure if my kid were going to go.
Speaking of that, at Ozzfest this year, I seriously saw Dads there with their 5 and 6 year olds. :shock:
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

wyldeone wrote:I think your parents should take you!! I took my son to meet Sabbath at the age of 8
+1 :wink:

You can't start too early! Nobody wants to see his kid lost in the rap crap! :lol:
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
wyldeone wrote:I think your parents should take you!! I took my son to meet Sabbath at the age of 8

You can't start too early! Nobody wants to see his kid lost in the rap crap! :lol:
But there is A LOT more to life than music. I'd rather see every kid experience the positive things in life than the negativity of rap and metal or the sexuality of rock in general.

Ten is too young to see people drunk, drugged and acting stupid. It's also too young to see the macho male bullshit that occurs at concerts.

Parents do need to shelter their kids from the harsh realities of life at such a young age. They will see enough negative things in life later. They need to stay kids as long as they can.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

cableguyxx wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:
The Flying Dutchman wrote: +1 :wink:

But there is A LOT more to life than music. I'd rather see every kid experience the positive things in life than the negativity of rap and metal or the sexuality of rock in general.

Ten is too young to see people drunk, drugged and acting stupid. It's also too young to see the macho male bullshit that occurs at concerts.

Parents do need to shelter their kids from the harsh realities of life at such a young age. They will see enough negative things in life later. They need to stay kids as long as they can.

I saw Ozzy/White Lion in 1989 at Irvine Meadows in Cali. I sat up on the lawn. No more than 15 feet in front of me an inebriated young woman and guy started going at it, . the full 9 yards so to speak, then another guy took over when the first began puking all over. Gathered a nice crowd until security broke it up after about 10 minutes. Lots of public and I mean PUBLIC urination. Weed, coke, booze, cursing, fighting.

If she was just going to meet Ozzy at a record signing, or something like that, that wouldn't be a problem, but what goes on in the audience at a rock concert is :shock:

Again, it's not the music, it's the people who attend. It's just not a place for kids that young IMO.
I can see both sides on this.
I was pissed when my sister ratted me out on going to see Ozzy.
Now as a parent, I don't think I'd take my 9 year old to see him (she used to do an imatation of his walk when she saw the show on Mtv).
Even tho I'd be there, I don't think that she'd really enjoy getting the second-hand weed smoke, or the lovely smell of alcohol induced vomit. Granted, he's not getting any younger. But, sometimes you just have to deal.
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
The Flying Dutchman wrote:

I can see your point. But I think a lot depends on to what concert you go and what kind of kid you have. I would never force him to go, but if he really wants to go he would go anyway somehow some time........

Nothing wrong to take a 10 years old kid to a Sabbath concert. Lots of parents there. :wink:
Go to a car race with your son and you will find drunk and idiots there as well!
Paul Wolfe wrote:I'd rather see every kid experience the positive things in life than the negativity of rap and metal or the sexuality of rock in general.
I see rock/metal most of the time as a positive thing! 8)

I went to concerts before I was even born, and look what I become: a Randy Rhoads fan! (isn't that positive or what?) :lol: