I want to know if youd agree with my parents.

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Alex wrote:
The Flying Dutchman wrote:Nothing wrong to take a 10 years old kid to a Sabbath concert. Lots of parents there. :wink:
Go to a car race with your son and you will find drunk and idiots there as well!
Had you been to the Ozzy concert I went to, you wouldn't say that. ;)

Beer was literally flying.
agreed, mosh pits everywhere yeah? :lol: :D
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

but if he really wants to go he would go anyway somehow some time........
at 10?? :shock: I could see a teen sneaking away to do something like this, but a 10 year old?
[/quote]
Last edited by cableguyxx on Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Dutch I mean lyrically metal tends to be negative. You hear all the time about how Sabbath are from Birmingham and how terrible it is to be from such a dreary, working class area. A lot of metal songs are about rebelling against where you are and fighting authority.

There is too much of that in our society these days already. Kids need to be kids. My kids are going to be sheltered from "reality" as long as they are little, because they need to know the world as a good place. IF they start hearing the negatives too young, then they miss the fun stuff.

I realize you turned out okay, but these are different times than when you were a kid. I started concert going at 14 and turned out fine, too. But when I went to a concert, the chance of my being abducted was a lot slimmer than it is now. The chance of being beaten up just cause someone's bored was a lot slimmer then, too. The chance of a fanatic crashing a plane into the concert hall seemed non-existent then. Our society is much more violent these days and kids don't need to see all of that stuff.

In my opinion.
ken01fan
Cool Member

Post by ken01fan »

The car race you were refering to must have been Talladega :!: :lol:
Randy Rhoads: Simply the best!!
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Paul Wolfe wrote: There is too much of that in our society these days already. Kids need to be kids. My kids are going to be sheltered from "reality" as long as they are little, because they need to know the world as a good place. IF they start hearing the negatives too young, then they miss the fun stuff.

Our society is much more violent these days and kids don't need to see all of that stuff.

In my opinion.
Look Paul.
I won't tell you how to raise your kids.
I don't even have kids myself yet, but I do know how my mother raised me.

I think kids should/could be sheltered to a certain degree.
When I was young, my mother let me do practically whatever
I wanted with VERY FEW RESTRICTIONS and I must
admit that these "actions" have made me into the independent
person I am today.

However, this is probably different from person to person,
but I believe that one shall learn from his/hers own mistakes.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Stiltzkin wrote:I think kids should/could be sheltered to a certain degree.
When I was young, my mother let me do practically whatever
I wanted with VERY FEW RESTRICTIONS and I must
admit that these "actions" have made me into the independent
person I am today.

However, this is probably different from person to person,
but I believe that one shall learn from his/hers own mistakes.
+1
Basically I could do what I want and from my own experience, the kids who got in trouble were (a lot of
times) those who had too much restrictions imo......
People are people the world is not necessarily more violent than say 25 years ago. Nowadays we hear more because of the modern communication. People are beheaded for ages in the middle east, but now our kids (your kids Paul...) can see it in real on the internet........
A sabbath concert is nothing compared with some things kids can see on the web..... just my opinion. :wink:
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

If I had kids, I think 13 would be a good concert going age, if someone else that was a bit older was hanging out with them to make sure they don't get into trouble. Any younger than that, they can rent the DVD.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

I think the thing is, these gigs can turn pretty rough. If a few guys have a few drinks and whatever. I remember at the NIA gig, some guys had a scrap on the floor before the gig had even started. it was in the first support band (Gary wasnt even in yet!!) and it was pretty pathetic and alcohol fueled and they just ended up probably getting kicked out you know. waste of money huh?
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Skully wrote:I think 13 would be a good concert going age
Depends on what kinda' concert and what kinda' person though.

Queen concert ... Ok
Guns n' Roses ... a little hectic at times, but still ok
Black Label Society ... CRAZY!! but I got ou alive anyway ;)
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

Nothing wrong to take a 10 years old kid to a Sabbath concert. Lots of parents there. :wink:
Last edited by cableguyxx on Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

was anyone at donnington in 2005? i saw a kid there couldn't have been older than 8. Too young for a festival, opinions? still the kid gave it some welly when the bottle fight broke out, but thats another story...

I think it would be ok for a 10 year old to see ozzy as long as they were accompanied by an adult and in seating, not standing. but it depends on the kid and how easily influenced they are. Sometimes you dont see anything dodgy at festivals but sometimes you do... shouldn't see any bad stuff in seating though.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Well, I think it also sort of depends on what sort of ticket you get. Like...a 13 year old couldn't get a pit ticket. That's just pure insanity.

And after reading this thread, I think we can all happily agree to never raise each other's children. :lol:
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

cableguyxx wrote:
but if he really wants to go he would go anyway somehow some time........
at 10?? :shock: I could see a teen sneaking away to do something like this, but a 10 year old?

Well 10 is a bit young yeah! :lol: It's not likely but also not impossible either...

cableguyxx wrote:
Nothing wrong to take a 10 years old kid to a Sabbath concert. Lots of parents there. :wink:
There are lots of parents at R rated movies too, but I don't think 10 years old should be there either :P
Well it all depends. :wink:
If I had a son and he was really interested in the music and that particular band, I would take him yes. I wouldn't take him just for the sake of taking him to a concert. There must be some real motivation though! :wink:
Keep in mind that here in Holland rock concerts in general (especially the older hardrock bands) are quit peaceful and innocents events with no incidents or whatever. Been recently to twice Ozzy concerts and to me it looked almost like a family thing. Sometimes parents with young children yep. Some could be 10 yes. No fights or whatever.