I want to know if youd agree with my parents.

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

THe rock crowds may be tame in the UK, but should a 10-year-old got to a Football (soccer) game there? :D
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Paul Wolfe wrote:THe rock crowds may be tame in the UK, but should a 10-year-old got to a Football (soccer) game there? :D
that on the other hand is debateable :shock: 8)
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Alex wrote:I wish some of you could have seen either the Ozzy or Metallica concert in Denmark I went to this summer. I would take my (unborn, non-existant) child to see Cannibal Corpse in Sweden, rather than that. That's how bad I thought the crowd was.
That's exactly why I'd say no to a 10-year-old. You never know if it's gonna be a bad crowd and it's not worth the risk to a child.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
Alex wrote:I wish some of you could have seen either the Ozzy or Metallica concert in Denmark I went to this summer. I would take my (unborn, non-existant) child to see Cannibal Corpse in Sweden, rather than that. That's how bad I thought the crowd was.
That's exactly why I'd say no to a 10-year-old. You never know if it's gonna be a bad crowd and it's not worth the risk to a child.
on the other hand, you don't have to be in the middle of the moshpit.
like someone stated before, you could have seats further back
(if it's in an arena) ... or you could stand in the back if it's an outdoor concert.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Stiltzkin wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:
on the other hand, you don't have to be in the middle of the moshpit.
(if it's in an arena) ... or you could stand in the back if it's an outdoor concert.
Thats what I would have said. so a big +1 from me :D
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Stiltzkin wrote:on the other hand, you don't have to be in the middle of the moshpit.
When I was 14 I went to see Blue Oyster Cult. There was no mosh pit. In the middle of the arena I saw a guy touch a girls butt and another guy beat the first guy unconscious and leave him laying in a puddle of blood.

At 15 I went to a Sabbath concert and saw the crowd outside the building pound every passing bus with beer bottles to the point that the Seattle Metro had to re-route away from the arena.

Then there's the drug use, profanity, macho bullshit going on both inside AND outside. Not to mention all the women who feel the need to dress like hookers to show off for the guys.

In the end it's up to the individual parents to decide. This thread started with "Do you agree with my parents?" - who said no - and has turned into those of you who think Ozzy's safe trying to convince those of us who think it's not a good idea.

It's an endless argument, you won't change my mind. I'm not trying to change yours, I'm simply stating my point of view.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

My parents certainly would not of let me go to an Ozzy concert at 10. No chance. I do think children should be allowed a certain degree of exposure to that kind of material, but in what format I am not sure. Other than that, i cannot really comment.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Trust me, if you shelter your children too much, they will go completely insane once they move out. Like, really REALLY insane. :shock:
Every kid that I knew in my dorm building that was drinking their weight in vodka and banging everyone in sight were raised in the uber strict, facist type households. I suppose the best it to find a happy medium. I'm really happy I don't have children right now. :lol:
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
When I was 14 I went to see Blue Oyster Cult. There was no mosh pit. In the middle of the arena I saw a guy touch a girls butt and another guy beat the first guy unconscious and leave him laying in a puddle of blood.

At 15 I went to a Sabbath concert and saw the crowd outside the building pound every passing bus with beer bottles to the point that the Seattle Metro had to re-route away from the arena.

Then there's the drug use, profanity, macho bullshit going on both inside AND outside. Not to mention all the women who feel the need to dress like hookers to show off for the guys.
This is not concert-exclusive though ...
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

No, it's not. That's why parents need to be vigilant about what they allow a 10-year-old to do.

Remember we are discussing a 10-year-old girl. Regardless of the memories some of you have, most of you couldn't have cared less about rock concerts at 10.

The "internet age" has kids wanting to be kids way before their time. I realize most of you have turned out okay, but that doesn't mean it's okay to let a kid do these things. Would you let a ten-year-old near a car with a driver who's been drinking? How many of you have been in a car with a driver who's been drinking and survived just fine? I know I have been (I wasn't driving intoxicated, but being intoxicated, I didn't care so much about the driver's condition). I would never consider it for a child, does that mean I'm over sheltering?

As I said before, this is a request for opinions. As I've also said, you're not going to change my opinion. I have first-hand experience with children who are given free reign. I've got two children who won't speak to me because I won't let them run wild like their mom does. No amount of, "They'll grow up and want you in their life..." can replace the years of their childhoods I am missing now.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Paul Wolfe wrote:I won't let them run wild like their mom does.
Maybe that's just YOUR perception....... :idea:
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:I won't let them run wild like their mom does.
Maybe that's just YOUR perception....... :idea:
OR maybe they are my kids and I know what's happening with them and you do not.

Just because the courts gave her custody doesn't mean I have no idea what's going on, it just means there isn't much I can do about it, trust me, I've tried.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Paul Wolfe wrote:OR maybe they are my kids and I know what's happening with them and you do not.
But of course! (sorry to hear all this)

But isn't there a possibility that your kids will still turn out oke?
After all that's what really matters (right?), not if they were taken to a Sabbath concert or not, right?
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Yes, turning out okay is the most important thing. It's just my feeling that exposing them to unnecessary things at a young age is not a good thing.

As for if my kids will turn out okay... I may not know about the ones who live with my ex. The last court documents filed say she wants me to have no contact with them because my influence in their lives lets them know that their mom's way isn't the only way.

Maybe I'll meet them again as adults and find out how they turned out. Hopefully it won't be at San Quentin!