Backstage pics of Ozzy and band, May1989.

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

some awesome photos there gaz. i love the one at the top especially of the odeon sign. Wheres all the hair gone though???? :lol:
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

skezza wrote: Wheres all the hair gone though???? :lol:
Never had the greatest barnet but at least I had some back then, I was 24 then and it had just started to go. That's what happens when you join the Fire Brigade and the helmet rubs it all away, what a bastard eh. Watch out Skez, when I was your age I had hair just like your's and now I'm a fully fledged member of the slaphead club, you never know you might be a memebr one day, LOL
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Hey Gaz

I am keeping my hair which am pleased about, but I am getting a little wider than I was a few years ago :cry: However I remember when we met you are still quiet lean, I guess thats the benefit of working for the fire service :)

Ian
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Trigger wrote:Hey Gaz

I am keeping my hair which am pleased about, but I am getting a little wider than I was a few years ago :cry: However I remember when we met you are still quiet lean, I guess thats the benefit of working for the fire service :)

Ian
Yeah, working as a Fireman doeas help, we get to use the gym regularly. I ran the London Marathon in April so training for that definatley keeps you lean. I'm hoping to keep the training going 'cos I fancy having another go at it next year, and hopefully beat my time. It also helps when I'm down the front in the pit at concerts, it gets pretty rough down there sometimes.
Snowy

Post by Snowy »

Sarab wrote:Hey Gaz, nice pictures!
I like seeing Zakk in his "pre" lumberjack stage.
Like the poster, too. Great that you got to do that.
What Sarab said. Awesome pics. I really like the first one since I always heard about the Hammersmith Odeon but had no idea what it looked like.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Snowy wrote: I really like the first one since I always heard about the Hammersmith Odeon but had no idea what it looked like.
I was thinking the same thing back in '89. I'd heard of the Hammersmith Odeon, but I had no idea what it looked like, it was sorta legendary really,(in my mind at least), all the big bands of the 70's and 80's played there. I remember thinking it was smaller than I'd imagined it to be, but its a great venue, larger than the average City Hall but no where near as cavernous as the an Arena.
I remember getting off the train that morning in London not having a clue where I was going, I think I had to get a couple of tubes and asked several people where to go, I hadn't been to London for years before that, it was like another world to me.
Its had a bit of a facelift since then and is now known as The Carling Hammersmith Apollo I believe, but it will always be Hammersmith Odeon to me.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Fozzy41 wrote:
Snowy wrote: I really like the first one since I always heard about the Hammersmith Odeon but had no idea what it looked like.
I was thinking the same thing back in '89. I'd heard of the Hammersmith Odeon, but I had no idea what it looked like, it was sorta legendary really,(in my mind at least), all the big bands of the 70's and 80's played there. I remember thinking it was smaller than I'd imagined it to be, but its a great venue, larger than the average City Hall but no where near as cavernous as the an Arena.
I remember getting off the train that morning in London not having a clue where I was going, I think I had to get a couple of tubes and asked several people where to go, I hadn't been to London for years before that, it was like another world to me.
Its had a bit of a facelift since then and is now known as The Carling Hammersmith Apollo I believe, but it will always be Hammersmith Odeon to me.
I found some interesting photos of the Hammy Odeon some are nearly as old as you Gaz LOL !!! Check em out
http://www.flickr.com/photos/oldcinemap ... 264393336/
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Great set of photo's Shaun, cheers, cheeky bastard. :lol:
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll