Backstage pics of Ozzy and band, May1989.

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Fozzy41
Madman

Backstage pics of Ozzy and band, May1989.

Post by Fozzy41 »

Sent a few of these pics to Trigger and he suggested maybe posting them on here. I'm sure I've put one or two of them up here before somewhere. They were taken at Hammersmith Odeon, London on 5th May 1989. I was hanging around the side entrance for several hours in the hope of meeting Ozzy, never really thought I stood a chance. They were fiming segments for the video Breaking All the Rules so there was quite a lot of activity going on. Managed to charm my way into Ozzy's dressing room somehow, I was so excited it must have been embarrassing when I look back, but I didn't care, I was just so happy to get to meet him, he posed for pictures and signed some of my memorabillia, what a great day, made the journey down from Hull well worth it. Also met Zakk and late great drummer Randy Castillo. Geezer Butler was on bass but never saw him. Remember seeing Lemmy hanging around also. That nights concert was great as well, I was still on a high, one of my most memorable days ever. Looking at the photo's brings back great memories. (Mainly 'cos I look so fresh-faced and still had some hair.)
Attachments
Ozzy 009.jpg
Last edited by Fozzy41 on Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

With Ozzy in his dressing room. Tony Dennis, Ozzy's assistant is in the background.
Last edited by Fozzy41 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Randy Castillo and Ozzy in dressing room.
Attachments
Randy Castillo and Ozzy in dressing room..jpg
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

With Zakk
Last edited by Fozzy41 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

With Randy Castillo
Last edited by Fozzy41 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Randy and Zakk filming segments for the video
Attachments
Randy Castillo and Zakk, May '89..jpg
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Autographs in the front of my Ozzy photo album
Attachments
Autographs.jpg
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

This is the poster I had made of that very memorable day. Photo's from the tour are collaged togehter with the ones of me with Ozzy and Zakk, then blown up into one poster. Hope to get it signed by them both one day.
Last edited by Fozzy41 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

These are great pictures, I remember meeting him in 1986 and he was miserable, he looks amazing in theses pictures and you wouldn't know Zakk was the same man, he looks like a boy! :shock:

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Gaz,
Those photos are cool,i noticed Tony Dennis (Ozzy's PA & minder) in the top photo giving you the eye.He's a fellow Geordie native of Newcastle UK i can remember when he got the gig with Ozzy in the mid 80's and he's been with him ever since.The photo outside with Zakk and Randy did the film make it onto the video.? I always thought that it looked rigged with Zakk carrying his guitar like a Chicago gangster and Randy casually carrying a pair of drumsticks.Gaz you should of asked him for one of those..I bet you wer in awe to meet your hero mate. :wink:
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Shaun, if you watch the Breaking All the Rules video you'll see a brief clips of Ozzy and the band members, all these were taken that day, including the one of Randy and Zakk walking with the guitar case and drumsticks as if walking to the stage door, it was set up for the video, I took this photo whilst they were videoing, there's also some live footage interspread and that was taken at the evenings concert. I remember the slimy director wanting to get as many birds in the audience near the front rows so it looked good on film, (instead of having a load of us ugly fuckers grinning into the camera) including those two in the photo with Zakk and me, they had tickets on the balcony but the director got them to the front row.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Did they play 'Breaking all the rules' live at the show, that night? or did they play the show and used live images of the other songs and put the music over it? 'Breaking' was never in the set anywhere. :)
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Trigger wrote:Did they play 'Breaking all the rules' live at the show, that night? or did they play the show and used live images of the other songs and put the music over it? 'Breaking' was never in the set anywhere. :)
Spot on Trigger, they never played it live, just used some live footage interspread with backsatge and set-up footage, but I 'm sure they video'd the band miming to the track in the afternoon, I definatley heard it blaring away inside Hammy O while I was hanging around outside. I haven't watched the video fror a few years but I'm sure Ozzy's miming to the song in a few clips, I'll dig it out and check again.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Fozzy41 wrote:
Trigger wrote:Did they play 'Breaking all the rules' live at the show, that night? or did they play the show and used live images of the other songs and put the music over it? 'Breaking' was never in the set anywhere. :)
Spot on Trigger, they never played it live, just used some live footage interspread with backsatge and set-up footage, but I 'm sure they video'd the band miming to the track in the afternoon, I definatley heard it blaring away inside Hammy O while I was hanging around outside. I haven't watched the video fror a few years but I'm sure Ozzy's miming to the song in a few clips, I'll dig it out and check again.
Just like them miming on the 'Lightning Strikes' on the Ultimate Sin live video.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Hey Gaz, nice pictures!
I like seeing Zakk in his "pre" lumberjack stage.
Like the poster, too. Great that you got to do that.
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.