Anyone going to Birmingham NIA

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Fozzy41
Madman

Anyone going to Birmingham NIA

Post by Fozzy41 »

I was just wondering if anyone was going to Birmingham tomorrow for the Ozzy gig. I've got to go, I've folowed him for years and this may well be the last chance to see him live, (My wife says I've been saying that for the past 15 years) Apparently in the afternoon he's been inducted into the Birmingham Walk of Fame and it's open to members of the public. I would liked to have been there for that but I don't think we can get there until about 7-ish. I recall Trigger saying he may be going. If he or anyone else fancy's meeting up for a pint before the concert let me know.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Me and Mark shall be there Gaz. You up for meeting up? Are you standing? we can headbang together again, or more accurately, you can get thrown in the pits again
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Hey Fozz,

I've seen Ozzy two times the last few weeks, I think Ozzy really looked like he was in good shape, I think he can continue for at least a couple more years! :) But of course you never know..... :wink:
That's why I went to a show in Belgium a week later to see him a second time, I'm glad I did because that show was much better than they did here.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

geez i wish i had some extra cash id love to go...
still ive seen ozzy and sabs and a couple of years ago i never thought i'd see the ozzman! i can die happy perhaps

i hope you all have a good time and i hope ozzys voice is still in good form! :)

this pinpoints an important issue though; is this gonna be ozzys last EU tour?
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

The Flying Dutchman,I'm glad you enjoyed the Belgium Ozzy concert, I'd loved to have gone to one of his European dates. Skezza and Trigger, I've pm'd you my new mobile number, give us a ring later.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fozzy41
Madman

Ozzy at Birminghm NIA

Post by Fozzy41 »

Went to see Ozzy again the other night. Was hoping to get to the ceremony in the afternoon but traffic jams and stupid sat navs put paid to that. Another great concert though, sound was better than at Wembley and Ozzy's voice didn't seem to crack as much. Great atmosphere, especially down the front, I even managed to get on the big video screen when I was on my mates shoulders. Same set-list though, dissapointed thah that, thought we may have got No More Tears as he's played that a few times over in Europe, he mentioned it was good to be back home again in Birmingham saying it's been too long since he was here, but apart from that it was the usual bollocks like "I can't fucking hear you" over and over, which does get a bit repepetive after a while. Was hoping he'd give Randy a mention with it been 25th Anniversary year but nothing. Not too many complaint's though, Ozzy gave it his all and was enjoying himself up onstage, and again the atmosphere was brilliant, with the audience doing more singing than Ozzy. Didn't catch Headspace and only caught the end of Black Label as we were still in the pub, although I had to drive back but everyone else who was with us was hammered. Met up with Skezza and Mark and was down the front with them for a while. Overall another great Ozzy concert, lets hope it's not the last we get to see in Britain. Heres a few pics.
Attachments
Afew of us in the bar earlier.jpg
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Ozzy and band in Brum
Attachments
Ozzy at Birmingham NIA 019.jpg
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »