Anyone going to Wembley?

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Fozzy41
Madman

Anyone going to Wembley?

Post by Fozzy41 »

Anyone going to Wembley Arena next Tuesday to see Ozzy? Really looking forward to it, hope he's on form and his voice holds up, but with the modern day Ozzy you never know.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

From the videos I've seen (save for the Oslo date), he sounds good. I have heard the last date or two he's been under the weather. That's what the reviews say at ozzy.com. Hopefully he recover for a good homecoming.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

I will be travelling down with a friend :)
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

im going with a mate
what do you think will be in the setlist?

by the way theres already a thread about this on the off topic board.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Probably the usual set. Ozzy doesn't seem to vary his setlist's lately. I'd love him to play Over the Mountain or Rock 'n Roll Rebel but I doubt it. I bet it's the same sat he's been playing for a years and maybe two or three of Black Rain.
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

skezza wrote:I will be travelling down with a friend :)
we better be getting a review, mister.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Send me your telephone numbers by PM and I will contact you all for a meet up and drink!

I will be with Joe so all should be well! I am the handsome one 8)

Ian
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

so is everyone getting excited or am i the only childish one :)
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Well how did the gig go i have just IM'd skezza and i think he needs an education in Live Music LOL...But everyone has different views i suppose.Gazza did you get any photos ? i heard youve got an interesting one of Skezza with a young femme fetelle... :wink:
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

hey Trigger, sorry i didn't get to meet up with you guys :(
i dont know if you tried to call me after i phoned you but my mobile just kinda died... :oops: :( im gona get a new one ill pm you my new number when i get it case you need it in the future.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Well how did the gig go i have just IM'd skezza and i think he needs an education in Live Music LOL...But everyone has different views i suppose.Gazza did you get any photos ? i heard youve got an interesting one of Skezza with a young femme fetelle... :wink:
:shock::shock::shock: Now now, Never seen ozzy before, we just had to headbang all we could :P have a good time :lol: And gaz got in the moshpit :D

I tried calling you Rob but i assumed your signal went. The call quality was poor in there. but i bet you enjoyed it. Roll on Birmingham :P
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

skezza wrote:I tried calling you Rob but i assumed your signal went. The call quality was poor in there. but i bet you enjoyed it. Roll on Birmingham :P
had a great time the show smoked :D
i dunno why but the two people sitting next to me and my mate left after Mama im coming home :shock: :? so we had plenty of room to go crazy for the last songs :D

my mate has one o those picture phones so i assume he took some photos ill try to get them off him and post them up.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Wish I could! Wembley is always great for mega bands.
I have seen Ozzy last Sunday and I will see him again next week at a festival in Belgium. Ozzy looked in great shape and his voice was oke too. Funny was that he slipped with his voice exactly as in the After Hours vid right before the solo in Crazy Train. He couldn´t reach that high pitch. Zakk´s guitarsound was a bit dissapointing to me, it sounded very dull but improved somewhat during the concert. He played a lot of Randy´s spotlight solo when doing his solo, I think it´s a tribute to Randy because of the 25th. But I´m not sure. However his solo was way too long and a bit borring in the end. I missed that fire he had in his solo in ´89. Anyway I enjoyed the show and looking forward to see them again next week! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Got to London about 2 O'clock in the afternoon. Spent the next 2 hours trying to find my hotel, met up with Trigger and Skezza, had a few pints and a good laugh with them, good to meet up with fellow board members. Whilst waiting for Headspace we got talking to a couple of birds, mother and daughter we thought, but turned out to be cousins I think, hope we didn't offend the older one. The young un was well fit, apparently she is soon gonna be Mrs. Skezza, but she is in some desperate need of education where Randy Rhodes and concerts in general are concerned. Anyway, back to the gig, Headspace were Dream Theatre soundalikes, not bad, but not really my taste. BLS arrived on stage to a great reception from the crowd, there was just as many BLS T-Shirts as there were Ozzy ones, sound was a bit dodgy, very heavy on the bass often drowning out Zakks lead, I thought they were OK, not great but not bad, Skezza may disagree, enjoyed Suicide Messiah and Stillborn. His hair must be matted with spit by the end of the set 'cos he was forever gobbing in the air. Half an hour to wait now for the main event. After a series of movie spoofs and the intro tape Ozzy came on to a hero's reception, Bark at the Moon kicked things off and the place went ape-shit, fantastic atmosphere, sound wasn't great but Ozzy sounded OK, his voice cracked a few times throughout the set but the crowd helped him out singing all the words anyhow. Played 5 Randy era songs, which are still the highlight of the set, especially Believer, also enjoyed I Don't Wanna Change the World and new one Not Going Away. Ozzy was full of energy running/shuffling about the stage throwing buckets of water over the crowd, and generally he looked to be having a good time up there. Zakk's sound was lousy to be fair, someone should've sorted the sound out 'cos I like Zakk but Blasko's bass often drowned him out. Could have done without Paranoid again but a lot in the crowd were Ozzy first timers so it made there day. Overall good gig, not as good as in his 80's heyday obviously but still good, the crowd loved it, brilliant atmosphere. But I think I'm getting too old for the mosh pit down the front, it was mental. Had another drink with Skezza and Trigger afterwards then made my way back to the shithole of a hotel, still, it's better then sleeping on some railway station floor, eh Skezz. I'll get some photo's of the gig posted here soon. Roll on Birmingham in 2 weeks.
Attachments
Ozzy @ Wembley Arena. 022.jpg
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I will give my gig revue in a couple of days BUT, I think I will be meeting you in Birmingham in a couple of weeks Fozzy :D
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.