Anyone going to Wembley?

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

hey fozzy i agree with your points about the sound quality i though it was a bit poor or at least inconsistent especialy on i dont know. ozzy was certainly very active though i could see his assistant tony frantically running off to fill buckets of water during the whole set :lol:

did anyone else notice that ozzy almost blew out his voice after bark?
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

rice_pudding wrote:hey fozzy i agree with your points about the sound quality i though it was a bit poor or at least inconsistent especialy on i dont know. ozzy was certainly very active though i could see his assistant tony frantically running off to fill buckets of water during the whole set :lol:

Did you get me an autograph :P

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
J.A

Post by J.A »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:He played a lot of Randy´s spotlight solo when doing his solo, I think it´s a tribute to Randy because of the 25th.
I never thought about that. You might be right.

Glad to hear you all had a great time. 8)
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Fozzy41 wrote:Got to London about 2 O'clock in the afternoon. Spent the next 2 hours trying to find my hotel, met up with Trigger and Skezza, had a few pints and a good laugh with them, good to meet up with fellow board members. Whilst waiting for Headspace we got talking to a couple of birds, mother and daughter we thought, but turned out to be cousins I think, hope we didn't offend the older one. The young un was well fit, apparently she is soon gonna be Mrs. Skezza, but she is in some desperate need of education where Randy Rhodes and concerts in general are concerned. Anyway, back to the gig, Headspace were Dream Theatre soundalikes, not bad, but not really my taste. BLS arrived on stage to a great reception from the crowd, there was just as many BLS T-Shirts as there were Ozzy ones, sound was a bit dodgy, very heavy on the bass often drowning out Zakks lead, I thought they were OK, not great but not bad, Skezza may disagree, enjoyed Suicide Messiah and Stillborn. His hair must be matted with spit by the end of the set 'cos he was forever gobbing in the air. Half an hour to wait now for the main event. After a series of movie spoofs and the intro tape Ozzy came on to a hero's reception, Bark at the Moon kicked things off and the place went ape-shit, fantastic atmosphere, sound wasn't great but Ozzy sounded OK, his voice cracked a few times throughout the set but the crowd helped him out singing all the words anyhow. Played 5 Randy era songs, which are still the highlight of the set, especially Believer, also enjoyed I Don't Wanna Change the World and new one Not Going Away. Ozzy was full of energy running/shuffling about the stage throwing buckets of water over the crowd, and generally he looked to be having a good time up there. Zakk's sound was lousy to be fair, someone should've sorted the sound out 'cos I like Zakk but Blasko's bass often drowned him out. Could have done without Paranoid again but a lot in the crowd were Ozzy first timers so it made there day. Overall good gig, not as good as in his 80's heyday obviously but still good, the crowd loved it, brilliant atmosphere. But I think I'm getting too old for the mosh pit down the front, it was mental. Had another drink with Skezza and Trigger afterwards then made my way back to the shithole of a hotel, still, it's better then sleeping on some railway station floor, eh Skezz. I'll get some photo's of the gig posted here soon. Roll on Birmingham in 2 weeks.
:lol: i very much doubt she will be Mrs anything soon :P especially Skezza. Well we didnt sleep. We got kicked out of the station at about 2am, so we ended up dossing walking down random streets around Kings Cross and Euston. Well boring at first,i tell you, but we ended up trying to find somewhere to laugh struggling to find anywhere open. so we sat at some random bench lol :( but we lived :D
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

skezza wrote:We got kicked out of the station at about 2am, so we ended up dossing walking down random streets around Kings Cross and Euston. Well boring at first,i tell you, but we ended up trying to find somewhere to laugh struggling to find anywhere open. so we sat at some random bench lol :( but we lived :D
I bet you were knackered, I was shagged (not literally) just walking back the 3 miles to my digs. It was like the hotel in the film Hostel, (if any of you have seen that,) but without the good lookinf pro's. Thought I was gonna get mugged on the way back, there's some shady characters on the streets of London in the early hours. Had quite a good kip actually, not bad for £17:50, if you don't mind a few flea bites.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Fozzy41 wrote:
skezza wrote:We got kicked out of the station at about 2am, so we ended up dossing walking down random streets around Kings Cross and Euston. Well boring at first,i tell you, but we ended up trying to find somewhere to laugh struggling to find anywhere open. so we sat at some random bench lol :( but we lived :D
I bet you were knackered, I was shagged (not literally) just walking back the 3 miles to my digs. It was like the hotel in the film Hostel, (if any of you have seen that,) but without the good lookinf pro's. Thought I was gonna get mugged on the way back, there's some shady characters on the streets of London in the early hours. Had quite a good kip actually, not bad for £17:50, if you don't mind a few flea bites.
haha, i bet it hadnt even got a toilet, or nothing :lol: but 17.50 aint bad nah :D i wasnt too bad, i was the next morning, i struggled to keep my eyes open, i didnt go bed till about 2am on Monday neither, so i was even worse than had i gone earlier before tuesday :roll: mark kept me up :D
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Thanks for the reviews etc Gaz the photos you sent me, the file was empty ? Any chance of posting those up mate..I can picture Joe and his pal walking round the 'streets of London' humming the John Denver classic HA LOL!!
Dutch I seen two tickets for the Belgium Graspop Festival on ebay they were only £50 for the two of them.Aerosmith, Iron Maiden, Ozzy, BLS ,Joe Satriani ,Heaven & Hell,Thin Lizzy,Celtic Frost,Velvet Revolver,Slayer and many more..I had a look at the line up i hadn't seen any press about this gig..If i'd had the funds i would of went to this one..I think it would of been expensive to get flights at such short notice

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &rd=1&rd=1
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

rice_pudding wrote:

I did, but his voice has been like this for years. Back in the 1980's it was far worse :? , I think he has worked on his voice more since 1990 onwards and it always seems at it's best when he is with Sabbath.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Thanks for the reviews etc Gaz the photos you sent me, the file was empty ? Any chance of posting those up mate..
Don't know what happened with the photo's Shaun, sorry. I'll try posting them here, if not then Trigger will sort 'em out and get 'em posted.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Fozzy41 wrote: Had quite a good kip actually, not bad for £17:50, if you don't mind a few flea bites.
Did you bother staying for breakfast or did the site of a girl running round with her eye hanging out the socket put you off ? LOL!!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Fozzy41 wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Thanks for the reviews etc Gaz the photos you sent me, the file was empty ? Any chance of posting those up mate..
Don't know what happened with the photo's Shaun, sorry. I'll try posting them here, if not then Trigger will sort 'em out and get 'em posted.
Cheers Gaz are you going to bother trying to get any signatures at Birmingham can you get me a t-shirt or programme mate ..I'll be seeing you at the Ringside hopefully
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Fozzy41 wrote:
Cheers Gaz are you going to bother trying to get any signatures at Birmingham can you get me a t-shirt or programme mate ..I'll be seeing you at the Ringside hopefully
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

siro_angel wrote:
rice_pudding wrote:hey fozzy i agree with your points about the sound quality i though it was a bit poor or at least inconsistent especialy on i dont know. ozzy was certainly very active though i could see his assistant tony frantically running off to fill buckets of water during the whole set :lol:

Did you get me an autograph :P

Simon
sorry dude no autographs... :(
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

on a side note, me, gaz and mark met up with the ex drummer of Angel Witch Dave Hogg. Very nice guy i actually. Was totally sh*tfaced if i say so, but was a decent bloke and seemed to enjoy himself 8)
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:[quote="Fozzy41Cheers Gaz are you going to bother trying to get any signatures at Birmingham can you get me a t-shirt or programme mate ..I'll be seeing you at the Ringside hopefully
I'd like to try to get some autographs, I'd love to get that poster of me with Ozzy and Zakk from 1989, but we won't get there 'til about 7-ish and I don't know whether I can be arsed to hang around after the gigs finished for 3 hours in the slim hope of getting it autographed, especially as there is no guarantee of actually meeting the band. I bet it's like Fort Knox trying to meet Ozzy nowadays. If there was a definate meet 'n greet Id stay for it. I'll look out for a cheap shirt if I can for ya.