Black Rain

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Madman56
Cool Member

Post by Madman56 »

Good tune, thanks for posting that. I'm surprised that didn't make the album, I think it fits in well and I think the album definitely could have been a bit longer!!
DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

Pretty good tune.....They could have replaced it with just about any other song on the North American release...
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

now knowing that there were better songs that didn't make the cut i can understand why ozzy was so hyped about this album...
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I got it a few days before the show, i took fozzy's advice and and gave it a few listens, I enjoy 'Civilise the universe' and the two extra tracks. I think it was worth waiting for but he should have played more and different tunes at thw Wembley show!
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Trigger wrote:I got it a few days before the show, i took fozzy's advice and and gave it a few listens, I enjoy 'Civilise the universe' and the two extra tracks. I think it was worth waiting for but he should have played more and different tunes at thw Wembley show!
yeah, id like to hear Rock'n'Roll Rebel live, wouldn't have minded Desire or Junkie either...
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Skully wrote:I never heard that Bob was involved in writing riffs for Ozzy...he claims to have done the lyrics, but the riffs? :shock:
If Ozzy could get anyone from past albums back for future albums (aside from Randy) he should scoop Geezer up. Geezer smokes Bob and every other bassist Ozzy's worked with.
Hi Skully,
You need to listen to the 'Living Loud' Cd which Bob daisley put out a couple of years back he had some cool musicians playing on this cd Jimmy Barnes vocals Steve Morse Guitar Lee Kerslake Drums Don Airey keyboards.This was a project that Bob had been wanting to do for a long time it even has a few Ozzy covers on it Flying High Again , I Dont Know,Crazy Train,Over the Mountain,Tonight and Mr Crowley.The other tracks are really good this is well worth a listen...
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

I keep meaning to check out this album, I 've heard a lot of good reports but never got round to buying it. Have they ever toured over here?
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Skully wrote:I never heard that Bob was involved in writing riffs for Ozzy...he claims to have done the lyrics, but the riffs? :shock:
If Ozzy could get anyone from past albums back for future albums (aside from Randy) he should scoop Geezer up. Geezer smokes Bob and every other bassist Ozzy's worked with.
Hi Skully,
You need to listen to the 'Living Loud' Cd which Bob daisley put out a couple of years back he had some cool musicians playing on this cd Jimmy Barnes vocals Steve Morse Guitar Lee Kerslake Drums Don Airey keyboards.This was a project that Bob had been wanting to do for a long time it even has a few Ozzy covers on it Flying High Again , I Dont Know,Crazy Train,Over the Mountain,Tonight and Mr Crowley.The other tracks are really good this is well worth a listen...
I remember listening to this a long long time ago. I think someone at another forum linked me to them. I have to respectfully say that...none of those reworks really floated my boat in anyway.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Fozzy41 wrote:I keep meaning to check out this album, I 've heard a lot of good reports but never got round to buying it. Have they ever toured over here?
No they have not toured here, they did a few gigs in Australia and the US but i cannot see them touring to plug an album thats 3 years old.But i like the tunes the Ozzy covers go buy and after a few listens you forget that they are Ozzy/Randy tunes.They have more of a Blues Rock edge to them 'In the Name of God' and 'Pushed Me too Hard' are a couple of classic tunes.You should be able to pick this up on ebay for a few £$..Check it out
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Hey skully

Don't forget that you can get Boot shows with Geezer and Ozzy! Geezer has played a lot of shows with Ozzy over the years.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I got that Philadelphia show from 1989...I think Geezer's on that one. 8)
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Skully wrote:I got that Philadelphia show from 1989...I think Geezer's on that one. 8)
That's a killer show with Geezer and a smoking Zakk! Love that show!

That "Bloodbath in paradise" version is great there! I first thought it was a sabbath song! Completely forgot it was from the Wicked album!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Skully wrote:I got that Philadelphia show from 1989...I think Geezer's on that one. 8)
He was back in 95 as well with Joe Holmes 8)
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
That's a killer show with Geezer and a smoking Zakk! Love that show!

That "Bloodbath in paradise" version is great there! I first thought it was a sabbath song! Completely forgot it was from the Wicked album!
I know, the backing band on that 89 tour was CRUSHING. Zakk, Geezer, and Randy Castillo...probably my favorite Ozzy backing band.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Ok, I've listened to this a few times, and while a lot of the tunes are quite good, I still really can not get into it. The main reason is due to Zakk's guitar squealing. It just grates on my nerves; even worse than nails on a chalkboard. To me, it just ruins the songs. Maybe I'm getting old, but I just don't like it.
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.