Ozzmosis

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

siro_angel
Mass Poster

Ozzmosis

Post by siro_angel »

My friends who are Ozzy fans (not all of em just a few) claim this is Ozzy's worse album ever! All because its his EMO record!

What the fuck???

I love that album, its very well put and I love Old LA Tonight, See You On The Other Side (my funeral song) My Little Man and Perry Mason!

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
Jake66

Post by Jake66 »

I don't think it's his worst album,that title to me goes to "Down to earth", I think Ozzy's records with Zakk have all got worse than the previous...."No more tears" to me wasn't as good as "No rest for the wicked", "Ozzmosis" isn't as good as "No more tears" and "Down to earth" isn't as good as "Ozzmosis" :? .
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

+1

Altough there are still some good songs on Ozzmosis.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:+1

Altough there are still some good songs on Ozzmosis.
off topic but hey flying dutchman, Im 1/8th dutch :P *little useless random fact for ya*
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
The Flying Dutchman

siro_angel wrote:off topic but hey flying dutchman, Im 1/8th dutch :P *little useless random fact for ya*
Hey Simon,
I think if one looks far enough in the past then, in the end. we are all family!
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

i personally cannot stand No Rest For The Wicked. It was ozzys first album since jake left and i just felt, there was nothing there. No More Tears had a bit more substance and some better tunes. Ozzmosis i didnt actually mind, there were a few nice tunes on there. Down to Earth was laughable. Zakk has never been close to my favourite one even one of them, but i am hoping he will impress me on the new album :)
Jake_E_Lee
Cool Member

Post by Jake_E_Lee »

To be honest, this may sound narrow, but I stopped listening to ozzy when jake left. I then was given No More Tears and i thought there were a few nice tunes. I then heard ozzmosis and said "how the hell were they allowed to release that?" still to this day i think that.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Personally I don't mind Ozzmosis, a lot of ballads but Perry Mason is my favourite Ozzy track since 1981. Saw Ozzy on that tour in Sheffield and he never played anything from it. Saw him at Donington the following summer and he played Perry Mason and I Just want you.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

There is not a single Ozzy album I like after Blizzard and Diary. Even Tribute gets old rather fast. There are some songs from each era that I like, but not an entire album.

Personally I think Ozzy should've retired ages ago.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

RockyRhoads wrote:There is not a single Ozzy album I like after Blizzard and Diary. Even Tribute gets old rather fast. There are some songs from each era that I like, but not an entire album.

But Ozzy still brings a great deal of pleasure to thousands of fans around the world, me included. I know his voice isn't as good as it once was and his stage prescence is sometimes a bit dodgy but he is a one off, an original, a living legend, a true survivor and there will never be any one like him again.(Thank God some of you might say) I still love going to see him in concert, he always plays his classic material and always gives it his best shot. I'm really looking forward to the release of his new album and tour. The world of rock music will be sadly the poorer once Ozzy pops his clogs.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I understand that a lot of folks still like Ozzy. To me, though, it's a case of letting the younger generation find their own heroes and musical identity rather than living on what is now their parent's music.

Today's teens should have their own favorite music that is theirs alone. They should also be creating their own new music instead of still rehashing stuff that is 30+ years old. When I was a teen, I listened to some '60's stuff like the Doors, Stones and Beatles, but focused on contemporary music like Maiden, Priest and the local music scene stuff like Soundgarden.

I truely think the old guard should bow out and give the stage over to the younger generation. Let us old folks be relegated to our CDs and let the kids do their thing now.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Yeah I understand what your saying, sort of, but there's no reason why the older bands can't keep playing to there loyal following as well as bringing in a few new younger ones along the way. Also there's no reason why these newer younger bands can't be apreciated by us older generation. I'm a regular at The Download Festival at Donington Park and each year there's a cross section of old and new bands, along with a very varied age group, and its a fantastic atmosphere. I'm very much a classic metal lover myself but I do have time for some of these newer bands. Last Sunday I went to see Stone Sour in Birmingham, what a fantasic gig that was, really enjoyed it, the concert was mainly full of younger fans but there was still a fair few of us oldies having a good time. All I'm trying to say is there is still plenty of room for old and new bands to keep making great music so long as people enjoy it.
The Flying Dutchman

Good music is timeless.
JRid21

Post by JRid21 »

Fozzy41 wrote:
RockyRhoads wrote:There is not a single Ozzy album I like after Blizzard and Diary. Even Tribute gets old rather fast. There are some songs from each era that I like, but not an entire album.

But Ozzy still brings a great deal of pleasure to thousands of fans around the world, me included. I know his voice isn't as good as it once was and his stage prescence is sometimes a bit dodgy but he is a one off, an original, a living legend, a true survivor and there will never be any one like him again.(Thank God some of you might say) I still love going to see him in concert, he always plays his classic material and always gives it his best shot. I'm really looking forward to the release of his new album and tour. The world of rock music will be sadly the poorer once Ozzy pops his clogs.
i agree completely although hes no where near as good as he once was ozzy still brings a ton of energy and gives it his all which is pretty much what you want in a rock frontman
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.