Ozzyhead Is No More

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Ozzyhead Is No More

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

If you go to Ozzyhead.com you will discover that they are shutting down the site. In my view religion played a role in it. That's too bad. Hope you guys don't ever shut down this site.

http://www.ozzyhead.com/
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

:?

Too bad he can't continue, lots of great stuff he shared from there.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I was surprised when I heard about this yesterday and I don't understand why he should feel that his running of his site should interfere with his beliefs.
I don't have a religion but I do have many strong beliefs, since the 19th century my family have rejected organised religion and instead been humanist or political. I don't think anything in Ozzy's personel life or his music is in direct conflict with Christianity or the Semetic believers in the world.

I think it is a sad day for many Ozzy fans that a site that would have taught new fans about the work and life of Ozzy has gone, Now the site has gone we ourselves could lose potential members because a few people might not learn about the Ozzy and Randy link.

A sad day for all Ozzy fans and the true fans of Randy.

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
hairysox33

Post by hairysox33 »

what the hell... that was a great site
randyriot

Post by randyriot »

wow man that pisses me off. It had great photos, info etc. One of the best ozzy sites for sure. I quite dont understand how ozzy can effect someones beliefs. I mean ozzy was a real fucked up guy but.....
i just wished the site could have stayed.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Trigger wrote:I was surprised when I heard about this yesterday and I don't understand why he should feel that his running of his site should interfere with his beliefs.
I don't have a religion but I do have many strong beliefs, since the 19th century my family have rejected organised religion and instead been humanist or political. I don't think anything in Ozzy's personel life or his music is in direct conflict with Christianity or the Semetic believers in the world.

I think it is a sad day for many Ozzy fans that a site that would have taught new fans about the work and life of Ozzy has gone, Now the site has gone we ourselves could lose potential members because a few people might not learn about the Ozzy and Randy link.

A sad day for all Ozzy fans and the true fans of Randy.

T
I agree with you T, but I have known a few people that have re-discovered or have been born again, and feel that the up-side down crosses, and antics he has done represent the devil and such.
At one time, my parents wouldn't let me listen to Diary of a Madman, for fear it would make me evil!
And, no it didn't...not much, tho...
NO comment, Frank!
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

i understand the strength of his convictions and respect his decision. and i'm still praying for you, gina honey.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

frank wrote:i understand the strength of his convictions and respect his decision. and i'm still praying for you, gina honey.
frank, you know what i'm gonna tell you, right???
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

uh-huh.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Hi Sarab

I see that he has his convictions and I hope that he realises that all that demonic stuff that we saw Ozzy doing 20 years ago+ was all bravado and theatrics. I remember watching (and still have on video) a program Ozzy did late at night on a sunday where he talked about how important God was to him! I wasn't fooled he was paid a huge sum for it and was promoting an album and a tour!!!!!! I did smile though.

4 years ago I was working at the University which is a mile from where Ozzy grew up, After I finished work I drove to 14 Lodge Road in aston (his childhood home) and I fully understood what drove Ozzy to never at any cost sink backwards. The place was scary and for the first time in my life I was not comfortable being outside my car (and I have been to the Gaza strip). I always thought that Ozzy was lucky to have had people around him who made it possible (like Sharon, Randy and Sabbath) but a part of him even in his darkest hours must have realised that Aston was not where he was going to end up again.

Enjoying the music of Ozzy doesn't put you in league with the dark side, I remember in 1984 we used to get Jehova's witnesses knocking at our doors here in Britain and they would quote passages from the Black Sabbath's song Children of the grave......they believed that the lyrics proved that Ozzy was promoting Hell when infact the lyrics are a warning about the future and a message to the next generation.

I am lucky that my beliefs (political) allow me to have the courage of my convictions as well as enjoy some well crafted songs.

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I think its more then just a religious belief thats giving him the option to move on.If you visit the site on a regular basis the threads are very dull and they've been mentioned many times before.But it still had a good following of mainly new Ozzy fans who in my mind are the new generation of fans.I don't believe that it has anything to do with Ozzy and religion i think this has got the tell tale signs of a its a decision between doing the Ozzy thing or the religious thing.If he is a Jehovah ? that type of belief has many a weird vibe to cross from not celebrating your birthdays. To not being able to be given blood in the event of a life threatening accident or the same for your kids in the event of them needing a blood transfusion.So to sum it up i think its a decision to do one or the other some people do find God later on in life and i think Mitch has done just that...Which is a hard move to make for the best IMHO
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

That was cool site but while sites like this one are around Ozzy will never be forgoten. I imagine Ozzyhead will be having second thoughts in the future though.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Sorry I'm so late to this thread, but I thought I'd comment.

I think it is great that he found Jesus and decided to move on with his life. It is important to continually move ahead and not live in the past. Explorng the past and having an interest are great, but one needs to live i the present and move forward. That is what it sunds like this person has decided to do.

As far as Ozzy not promoting "devil worship", no he never said, "Worship the Devil." But he also never made it a point to promote the positive side of life, either. THere are a lot of people in this world who follow misguided beliefs, and people like Ozzy who use imagery can confuse those people. THe only time I ever heard Ozzy say anything about God was when he was defending himself.

Ozzy has promoted a destructive lifestyle for a loooooong time. A lot of his impressionable fans follow in his footsteps to be "cool" like Ozzy. I think Ozzy's destructive lifestyle had a lot to do with Randy not wanting to be a part of the band any longer. I am also willing to bet there is a lot of dark, unmentionable behavior "behind the scenes". Look at the treatment of Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake, they were treated very badly by both Ozzy and Sharon. Randy was even punched in the face by Ozzy for wanting to leave the band.

Regardless of his music, Ozzy Osbourne has been a selfish, self-centered man most of his life. I'm sure someone will point out a good deed here or there, but in general Ozzy has been a less than stellar human being.

The closing of Ozzyhead.com for the reason of the webmaster wanting to pursue a life with his family centered around Jesus is very commendable in my eyes. Kudos.
Jake_E_Lee
Cool Member

Post by Jake_E_Lee »

Its kind of dissapointing to see such an old site go, but if the webmaster wants to do that, its his choice. he ran it out of his own free will.
Jake66

Post by Jake66 »

Jake_E_Lee wrote:Its kind of dissapointing to see such an old site go, but if the webmaster wants to do that, its his choice. he ran it out of his own free will.
I agree Jake,i think some people have read too much into this. He didn't have to give his reasons for giving up the site but he did and has been lambasted for it. I personally don't believe in his beliefs but that is me and i also think the USA has always been more gullible in believing the "outrageous" stories that have followed Ozzy's career. I like his music first,the other stuff i take with a pinch of salt,but you can't deny,whenever you read a story of Ozzy,you know your gonna laugh!! Live your own life,not someone elses,however much fun it might seem.