The End

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

The End

Post by skezza »

The Sabbath tour.... anyone been?

Went last night, pretty amazing actually. They ran through all the classics. Part way through Ozzy goes "a lot of you are probably wondering why we're only doing old songs. It's because nobody gives a shit about the new stuff" :lol: which does actually describe my feelings perfectly. A rare moment where Ozzy strayed from the script though (y'know the one: "one more song, one more song, i can't fucking hear you, we love you all, this is a song called [SONG NAME], let's go fucking crazy")
Fozzy41
Madman

Re: The End

Post by Fozzy41 »

Saw them in Lees last week mate, great. Wish I could go to the last Birmingham date tomorrow night but can't make it, nevermind.
The sound was amazing, the best quality I've heard at a concert in a while, and to hear Tony's crushing riffs with such clarity was fantastic, he was immense, in fact the whole band sounded brilliant.
Even Ozzy sounded good and strong. He sings in a lower register these days but I hardly noticed it on the night, and his voice hardly cracked at all. The only songs he seemed to struggle with was After Forever and Dirty Women, the latter a tough one by anyones standards. His stage movements are limited these days, no running about, freaking out or frog jumps, but its still good to see him out there giving it his all, he's never gonna recreate his '70s/early '80s prime but so what, who in their late '60s can?
Geezers pounding bass was high in the mix giving it a top heavy sound, brilliant. I still cant believe how good the overall sound was, totally pissed all over the last time I saw them at Download last year.
So glad we got to hear the full Under the Sun, probably my fave song on the night, that outro riff still sends shudders down my spine. And how can anyone not get goosebumps when they hear the riff to Into the Void, awesome. Hand of Doom sound great also. I noticed a few of the songs slowed down in tempo a bit, giving them a heavier sludgier feel, most noticeable on Snowblind.
Enjoyed the instrumental jam with Tony doing Supernaut and SBS riffs, but wish he'd done Megalomania, never did it in Leeds but you lot got it in Brum last night.
Overall really enjoyable concert and if this was the last time I got to see Sabbath then at least they went out on a high.
I'm sure their last gig of the tour tomorrow night will be quite emotional, wish I was there.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

It would of been great to see the Sabbs for one last time. I was pissed that they didn't play my home town but i know the reasons behind that. The cow shed up the road struggles to sell out unless your the new latest boy band or some shite in the charts. I cannot explain it, the last time Heaven & Hell toured, they did play here. But to my surprise the place was half empty, Newcastle used to have a great loyal group of Rock HM supporters. I noticed this with bands like KISS Judas Priest Guns N Roses. If you weren't the Foo Fighters, Iron Maiden, Metallica or Rammstein the place just failed to sell out. So Sabbath by passed the city knowing that they'd struggle to sell out. Probably the same promoters knowing what venues would sell out or be worthy of a 2 nighter. If they couldn't do it with Dio and Heaven & Hell would they do it with Ozzy. It wasn't just Newcastle i bet many other cities missed out. Plus the cost of the tickets was well above my pocket. I'm glad they went out on a good note and it's bad enough when a band cannot play anymore because of health or the death of band member. For the record did anyone of you's (Gaz or Skezza) pick up the Live CD from the gig ?. I know the merch was extortionately priced but someone has to pay for the Sabbs retirement fund. Amen!!
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote: For the record did anyone of you's (Gaz or Skezza) pick up the Live CD from the gig ?. I know the merch was extortionately priced but someone has to pay for the Sabbs retirement fund. Amen!!
No I didnt bother, I was gonna but it was £25 for it, and £75 for an autographed version, fuck that. It was The End CD, 4 bonus tracks that did'nt make the 13 album, and some live tracks, but theres that much stuff readily available on the internet why the fuck do they charge so much, no wonder not many people buy 'em. From what I've heard the only good song on the CD is Seasons of the Dead, the othere 3 where just average

As for not playing Newcastle, I'm sure they would have sold it out easily, but maybe promoters give it a wide birth these days, sad really, try living in Hull mate, no fuckers been here for years.
I remember seeing AC-DC in Newcastle in 1996 and that failed to sell out, and they havent been back since, strange since Brians a local fella.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Yeah I bottled it too. I was tempted but as Fozzy said, it was about £30 and I just couldn't justify it. Throw in the fact it's probably on every torrent site on the planet by now.

I saw them in Birmingham. Nothing comes near where I live.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Fozzy41 wrote: I remember seeing AC-DC in Newcastle in 1996 and that failed to sell out, and they havent been back since, strange since Brians a local fella.
Aye i've heard rumours that Brian Johnson had a massive fight with Chas Chandler who was the brain child of the Newcastle arena built in 1995 (metro radio arena). This would of been the same venue you went to Gaz. Brian Johnson said he'd never play Newcastle ever again. He did play a few gigs with his old band Geordie around the workingmen's clubs back in 2001 when they did a reunion tour. Chas died in July 1996 and AC/DC played the arena in June '96. So i don't know to this day why AC/DC have not been back to play here. They could of easily of played one of the football stadiums up here St James park, Stadium of Light in Sunderland or even the Gateshead stadium which used to put on summer Live shows regular. It pisses me off when Newcastle was so happening back in the 70's 80's and 90's it's just turned shit as the new generations of music have moved in..It's down to the old school to keep the flame going sadly.