Bob Daisley/Suicide solution

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Jake66

Bob Daisley/Suicide solution

Post by Jake66 »

Most of you are probably aware of the continuing Ozzy, $haron/Bob Daisley saga of songwriting credits etc. Bob has stated that he wrote the lyrics to Suicide solution,which is probably correct, but cast your mind back to the mid 1980's when Ozzy was getting sued left,right and centre,mostly over this song.
I know Ozzy was sued but did this include Bob as well as he wrote the lyrics? I can't remember his name cropping -up at the time or thereafter when this was being debated??
I'm not trying to diss Bob,but i wonder what his position was as song writer over all of this?? Any thoughts? :?:
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I'm sure that the only reason you don't remember Bob's name being involved i because Bob doesn't have a big enough "name" to make the news in the United States, while Ozzy's name is big enough to make for "sensational news.

The following is a quote from the court papers filed to appeal the initial dismissal of the cake.
Plaintiffs, Jack McCollum, Geraldine Lugenbuehl, Estate of John Daniel McCollum, Jack McCollum, administrator (hereinafter plaintiffs) appeal from an order of dismissal following the sustaining of a demurrer without leave to amend. The defendants John "Ozzy" Osbourne (Osbourne), CBS Records and CBS, Incorporated (hereinafter collectively CBS), Jet Records, Bob Daisley, Randy Rhoads, Essex Music International, Ltd., and Essex Music International Incorporated, fn. 1 composed, performed, [202 Cal.App.3d 994] produced and distributed certain recorded music which plaintiffs claim proximately resulted in the suicide of their decedent. [1] As we conclude that plaintiffs' pleading (1) fails to allege any basis for overcoming the bar of the First Amendment's guarantee of free speech and expression fn. 2 and, in any event, (2) fails to allege sufficient facts to show any intentional or negligent invasion of plaintiffs' rights, we affirm.
What I find interesting is that Randy Rhoads is named in the lawsuit. Sure he wrote the music, but the actual suicide took place October 26th, 1984 - years after Randy died. Why include his name in the lawsuit?

As for Bob's attitude on the subject of this lawsuit, I've read where he said it was crazy - that the word Solutuion in the title referred to a mixture of liquids and not a way to solve a problem.

In an interview with Cameron Edney, Bob said the following:
Bob Daisley wrote: I would have thought that Ozzy would have wanted to stay away from the darker lyrics & that side of things especially after being in Black Sabbath. I guess the same can be said about the likes of Alice Cooper. You see them in interviews and both are dead against the occult and all that goes with it!

Yeah well that’s right; it’s only acting isn’t it. It’s only an image thing. It’s like when that kid killed himself in America and they found the record on his turntable of “Suicide Solutionâ€ÂÂ
Jake66

Post by Jake66 »

Phew!!! Thanks for the reply mate. Like i say, i wasn't trying to diss on Bob,it is just something that i've wondered for a while.
I agree with most of what you said about the boy (s) in question and parental responsibility, my views are very strong on this type of issue and being a parent myself,it would destroy me if one (i have two boys) of my kids done anything like that but i certainly wouldn't be looking to pass the blame beyond myself and/or family. I know every case is different but i always remember something Bill Ward said in the Ozzy-"Don't blame me" video that "suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem".
Such a happy subject to start the weekend off on :roll:
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Jake66 wrote:Phew!!! Thanks for the reply mate. Like i say, i wasn't trying to diss on Bob,it is just something that i've wondered for a while.
I agree with most of what you said about the boy (s) in question and parental responsibility, my views are very strong on this type of issue and being a parent myself,it would destroy me if one (i have two boys) of my kids done anything like that but i certainly wouldn't be looking to pass the blame beyond myself and/or family. I know every case is different but i always remember something Bill Ward said in the Ozzy-"Don't blame me" video that "suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem".
Such a happy subject to start the weekend off on :roll:
I fully agree J66 I remember what Bill Ward in that interview, Bill has a lot of fun made of the things he says but on that DVD he is very right in his sentaments.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.