An evening with Tony Iommi The End of The End

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

An evening with Tony Iommi The End of The End

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I was fortunate to score for a couple of tickets for this film festival last night. Tony did a Q&A with the crowd for about 30 minutes then they played the film The End of the End... A great night, it was a shame he never hung around for the fans to meet him. He is doing a couple of other similar shows one in Paisley Glasgow, another in Edinburgh and one later in London on the 19th October. I'd highly recommend going, it was a good laugh and he covered some topics i've never seen him mention before.
Attachments
Tony Iommi Q&A.jpg
Tony Iommi whitleybay film festival 2018 1.jpg
Tony Iommi whitleybay film festival 2018 2.jpg
Fozzy41
Madman

Re: An evening with Tony Iommi The End of The End

Post by Fozzy41 »

Glad you enjoyed it Shaun. Yep shame he didnt hang about afterwards, he's usually quite approachable and friendly with the fans. How many was there?
What did you think of the film?
I thought it was good, band sounded great and Iommi''s riffs were crushing, but Ozzy's singing was a bit flat I thought, but thats the norm these days.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: An evening with Tony Iommi The End of The End

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I had a funny feeling he wouldn't hang around, the place held about 250 people. It was in a small cinema cafe / bar. He did sign stuff for a few fans who arrived early before the gig started. I hung about out side for the first half of the film in the hope that i would catch him on his way out. But he'd been smuggled out the fire exit, one of the staff told me he had gone. I caught the last 30 minutes of the film..Hey i was moved by the studio performance of 'Changes' with both Geezer and Iommi playing the keys. I'm gonna get the DVD and watch it in full, it was a great night i fully enjoy it.