New concerts

Talk about Zakk Wylde here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

dannyahansen
Mass Poster

New concerts

Post by dannyahansen »

Hey guys, over at the Wolfgang Concert vaults there are 4 shows from 1992. They have to have been put up in the last 3 months or so as I check in there occasionally to see what is new. They are what was used for the live and loud album. Obviously only 1/4th of the material was used so 3/4 or is new. I really enjoyed listening to them. Check them out.
http://www.concertvault.com/search.html?t=ozzy&tb=0
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Re: New concerts

Post by dannyahansen »

After listening to all 4 shows, it seems that there are still other shows that were used other than these 4. One of them I could not find a match for was "Road to no where" I also could not seem to match up "War Pigs" And some of the songs at times seem to splice in from other songs. Such as Crazy train, from the official release appears to be spliced in as the Aug 16th show is the show that that songs comes from but Zakk messes up on the solo, and the official release does not have that mess up. Also on Mama I am coming home at the very end from the Aug 18th show he ends it a little differently than the official release. In fact I can hear now were they splice it in.

Another nice thing about these shows is they all contain about a 15 min spot light solo. The original release is only about 4 and 1/2 mins. I always thought they had cut that solo down but never fully knew up until about 3 years ago while listening to boot legs. I mean I had my suspicions but now they are confirmed. That solo was taken from the Aug 14th show.
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

Did you know that the Live And Loud DVD was a collection of 4 or 5 other live recorded shows
Mr. Wolfe
Cool Member

Post by Mr. Wolfe »

Nick Hughes wrote:Did you know that the Live And Loud DVD was a collection of 4 or 5 other live recorded shows
Isn't that what Danny say here?
dannyahansen wrote:Hey guys, over at the Wolfgang Concert vaults there are 4 shows from 1992. They have to have been put up in the last 3 months or so as I check in there occasionally to see what is new. They are what was used for the live and loud album. Obviously only 1/4th of the material was used so 3/4 or is new. I really enjoyed listening to them. Check them out.
http://www.concertvault.com/search.html?t=ozzy&tb=0
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

Nick Hughes wrote:Did you know that the Live And Loud DVD was a collection of 4 or 5 other live recorded shows
Yeah I knew that, it is a shame that they just couldn't use one show from start to finish and make it a concert video or album instead of the mangled mess the video was. The video was such a disappointment. The album was nice just wish they didn't cut anything.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

OK so I have documented which songs came from which show. I did not document the banter that was used from each show.
From the

Aug 14th show
An edited Spotlight Solo where they cut out the whole middle of the solo. So just the beginning and the end were used.
Suicide Solution
No More Tears (There are a few licks in the 3rd verse that seem to have been replaced for the official release.)

Aug 16th (Most of the official release came from this show)
I Don't Wanna Change the World
Paranoid
Mr Crowley
I Don't Know
Road To No Where (Vocal only, the guitar is from some other unknown show)
Desire
Crazy Train (The solo is from some other show)
Bark at the Moon

Aug 18th
Flying High Again
Shot in the Dark
Mama I'm Coming Home (The very last lick was replaced by a E sus 4 chord from a different show I think the Aug 20th show)

Aug 20th
Miracle Man
War Pigs

Not sure which show Good Bye to Romance is from.

Some notable performances
Aug 14th
Crazy Train. I really enjoyed this version. There was some great licks in it.
Aug16th
Flying High Again
Suicide Solution
Both of these have some really great licks and tricks in them.
I would check out all of Zakk's spot light solos. They all have some different ways of playing certain licks.

I have determined that these show's have been released fairly recently as they used to not even have track listings and now they do and no one else seems to be aware of them on other boards. Maybe most people don't care?

Live and Loud always has been important to me because I had gotten hooked on Ozzy in 91-92 just before this album came out I sorta found Randy at this same time I didn't actually buy and albums until '94 (Randy Rhoads Tribute) and then had a strong desire to play guitar after that. And I always wanted to hear the tapes from were these shows came from. I never actually thought that that day would come.