Snowblind live with Zakk

Talk about Zakk Wylde here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Wolfie

Snowblind live with Zakk

Post by Wolfie »

i love Zakks version of this song from 1992 but not many people know he did it. What do you guys think of the Zakk version I think it kicks ass!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I have a few versions of Zakk playing Snowblind and it was pretty good, I even saw him play 'Snowblind' myself with Ozzy in 1992.
Though Zakk did a great job I like the version Brad did on 'speak of the devil' in 1982. I also saw Sabbath when they recorded the 'Reunion' album in 1997 but Sabbath played it best! no surprisees I guess as they wrote it.

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Trigger wrote:but Sabbath played it best! no surprisees I guess as they wrote it.
T
I agree with that, somehow the version Sabbath did sounds much bigger an raw than the one Brad did. Same with "Sympthom of the Universe".
I don't know if that would be the case if Randy played it with Ozzy. Would be very interesting to hear! :)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
Trigger wrote:but Sabbath played it best! no surprisees I guess as they wrote it.
T
I agree with that, somehow the version Sabbath did sounds much bigger an raw than the one Brad did. Same with "Sympthom of the Universe".
I don't know if that would be the case if Randy played it with Ozzy. Would be very interesting to hear! :)
I haven't seen Sabbath play 'Symptom' yet (the full song) but I have heard them play about a quarter of it in a medoly with other songs, it was very cool and worth waiting for. 8)
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Trigger wrote:
The Flying Dutchman wrote:
T
I haven't seen Sabbath play 'Symptom' yet (the full song) but I have heard them play about a quarter of it in a medoly with other songs, it was very cool and worth waiting for. 8)
Yeah I was gutted when they kicked into Symptom at Donington last year only to stop after about a minute or so, well pissed off, although I'm not sure wether Ozzy would have done it justice, but I would have loved to have heard him have a go.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Fozzy41 wrote:
Yeah I was gutted when they kicked into Symptom at Donington last year only to stop after about a minute or so, well pissed off, although I'm not sure wether Ozzy would have done it justice, but I would have loved to have heard him have a go.
I was at Donington same day what a pisser it was for sabbath to tease us with the small slice of 'Symptom'. I have heard a recording of the new years eve show in 1998 and they played almost the whole song but with no vocals :?

Perhaps if we wish hard enough they will do it next time!