Zakks best time with Ozzy

Talk about Zakk Wylde here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Jake66 wrote:Hi skezza. I'm just wondering if you post on the http://www.Jakelee.com website? I do but have changed my username on this one.(don't know why really) I go by pejale on the Jake site, i think we passed a reply between each other about where we lived in the Uk? :lol:
yeah i do post on jakeelee.com. in fact, we have affiliated, so im guessing thats how you found out about us :D
Jake66

Post by Jake66 »

Yeah, that's how i found this site.
Regards :D
rrfan313

Post by rrfan313 »

skezza wrote:I just feel hitting a pinched harmonic every 10 seconds isnt always the way. but I respect Zakk and he certainly aint no mug, and i think the solo out of Mr. Tinkertrain is fantastic!
he does use them alot but that his style and because of that you can recognize zakk's playin in a second wich is cool
TONY
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

rrfan313 wrote:
skezza wrote:I just feel hitting a pinched harmonic every 10 seconds isnt always the way. but I respect Zakk and he certainly aint no mug, and i think the solo out of Mr. Tinkertrain is fantastic!
He does use them alot but that his style and because of that you can recognize zakk's playin in a second wich is cool
If that is indeed his style you can here it progress if you listen to the live shows. :D

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

I enjoyed Zakk's youthful energy early on, and the chunky rhythms he brought. I like the No Rest For The Wicked tour the best.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

cableguyxx wrote:I enjoyed Zakk's youthful energy early on, and the chunky rhythms he brought. I like the No Rest For The Wicked tour the best.
Me too! :D
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

I really enjoyed Zakk in his earlier Ozzy days as far as albums go.....I saw Ozzy on the Down To Earth tour and he was unbelievable.....Insane someone can pound a 40 of whiskey and still play guitar like that :D
RushIsABand

Post by RushIsABand »

Jake66 wrote:I love Zakk's recorded work,but i can't say i can listen to him too much live. There are too many screeches for my liking. Although i think he is closer to Randy Rhoads in his interpretation of Randy's era songs (as opposed to Jake E. Lee who i thought was far more an individual player) i sometimes find him hard work.
I agree. I like him, but not a very good live guitarist IMO.
J.A

Post by J.A »

RushIsABand wrote:I agree. I like him, but not a very good live guitarist IMO.
I beg to differ. Have you ever seen him live?

Seen him two times with BLS, once with Ozzy plus 4 dvds and 3 live albums, and I think it's live where he really shines.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

Trigger wrote:
cableguyxx wrote:I enjoyed Zakk's youthful energy early on, and the chunky rhythms he brought. I like the No Rest For The Wicked tour the best.
Me too! :D
I saw the No Rest For The Wicked tour 3 or 4 times, + the RR Benefit Show in 1992 which I think they basically played the N.M.T.set. Zakk was great back then. I'm not real big on the biker thing. He's great on the Moscow Music Peace Festival as well. So full of energy (or ??? :lol: )
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

No Rest for the Wcked was Zakk's best playing with Ozzy unless you count the Just Say Ozzy ep.