Zakks best time with Ozzy

Talk about Zakk Wylde here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zakks best time with Ozzy

Post by Trigger »

I am not a huge fan of Zakk but I do know that he is a great guitarist. My favorite period of his Ozzy career was 1988/89 I think he was very good back then. But I like the set they played in the 1991/92 shows and Ozzy was at his best voice wise then. That was the tour supporting the 'No more Tears' album and that remains one of my favorite Ozzy tours. 8)
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Yeah, I like his early Ozzy years.

The Philadelphia '89 vid is absolutely GREAT :D
from the east

Post by from the east »

I very much enjoy the live and loud show he played great songs thatwere nice to hear. I like much the song No more tears and Road to nowhere 8)
Tommy
Cool Member

Post by Tommy »

The Live & Loud show(s) were great. Absolutely enjoyable. Ozzy had a really nice voice those shows! Gotta be the best sounding Ozzy I've ever heard!
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Im not the biggest Zakk fan myself, if im totally honest, but I do like zakk when he was younger. he didnt hit so many pinched harmonics etc, and sounded much rawrer!
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Stiltzkin wrote:Yeah, I like his early Ozzy years.

The Philadelphia '89 vid is absolutely GREAT :D
Hey Stiltz,

Is that one with that amazing solospot you posted a while back?
So that whole concert is on dvd? I think I gonna check out ebay....... :twisted:
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

skezza wrote:Im not the biggest Zakk fan myself, if im totally honest, but I do like zakk when he was younger. he didnt hit so many pinched harmonics etc, and sounded much rawrer!
Same here. I just can't really enjoy his newer stuff nearly as much as his very early stuff. The like the demo tape for Ozzy, he sounds really good in that (in my opinion).
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

I just feel hitting a pinched harmonic every 10 seconds isnt always the way. but I respect Zakk and he certainly aint no mug, and i think the solo out of Mr. Tinkertrain is fantastic!
logan14

Post by logan14 »

ZAKK 100%
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

yes

Post by dannyahansen »

zakk is the best
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

yes

Post by dannyahansen »

i also love randy rhoads too
Jake66

Post by Jake66 »

I love Zakk's recorded work,but i can't say i can listen to him too much live. There are too many screeches for my liking. Although i think he is closer to Randy Rhoads in his interpretation of Randy's era songs (as opposed to Jake E. Lee who i thought was far more an individual player) i sometimes find him hard work.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

great to see you on site Jake, if your a jake fan, theres another big one called Jake_E_Lee. I agree, Zakk pulls way too many harmonics for my liking. but he is fantastic at performing some of the RR solos.
Jake66

Post by Jake66 »

Hi skezza. I'm just wondering if you post on the http://www.Jakelee.com website? I do but have changed my username on this one.(don't know why really) I go by pejale on the Jake site, i think we passed a reply between each other about where we lived in the Uk? :lol:
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

I don't mind the harmonics nearly as much as his usage of wah.