[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Ultimate Rhoads • View topic - Zakk n Ozzy no more..........
It is currently Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:49 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Zakk n Ozzy no more..........
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:31 am 
Cool Member

I know there has been a bit of rumour about this, but a mate of mine was speaking to Paul Marshall (of amps fame) the other day and he said Zakk isn't going back to Ozzy's band.........!!!

As all the rumours have said, it would appear Gus G is his replacement...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:45 am 
Mass Poster

Personally I think Zakk needs to move forward on his own and leave Ozzy in the past. He's got a good thing going with BLS.

Then again, I think Ozzy should call it quits, so what do I know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:53 am 
Mass Poster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:25 pm 
Cool Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:27 pm 
Mass Poster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:01 am 
Cool Member

Cheers Paul.

Read the piece a while ago.

So.........What does he want? Money, rights.....Doesn't exactly say, does it?

It certainly seems like a money-making venture to me..."Throughout the last 12 years, it was my management representatives [Sharon????] who oversaw the marketing and quality control of the “Black Sabbath” brand ". Funny how it wasn't personally Ozzy overseeing the "brand"; but it's him who's filing the suit.....Being pushed eh? Even Zakk has mentioned, when Sharon [the "boss"] says anything, he jumps.....

We all know he felt intimidated by Iommi when he was in Sabbath, so why not have a go at him now to make a point.

As stated "I don’t have the right to speak for Geezer and Bill", so it is a legal fight between him and Iommi straight........ :?

Last edited by ptate on Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:02 am 

i don't know if Gus will be a permanent replacement though.
He seems pretty set on getting back with Firewind since
they have a new album and probably a tour coming up next year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:05 am 
Cool Member

Yeh, I thought that too. It would seem like a publicity venture for the lad, as I'm sure he wouldn't want to be "tagged" with being Ozzy's guitarist at this late stage.

Good luck to him though, he can't half shred.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:16 am 
Mass Poster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:02 pm 
Cool Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:49 pm 
Mass Poster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:31 pm 
Mass Poster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:45 pm 
Mass Poster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:18 am 
Madman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:24 pm 
Cool Member

Black Sabbath set me up for a life full of heavy metal (at the time). One of my first recordings was an EP with Ronnie James Dio and I then got straight into the Ozzy era, with SBS and a "best of" album. I then bought a few more (all Ozzy).

He went on to develop RR and Jake, then Zakk, but seemed to lose the plot around the 80's and became a bit of a pisshead/party idiot.... chasing the Hollywood crowd and trying to become something he ain't.... :(

Saw him at the Monsters of Rock and a few other shows at the height of his infamy and he was great on stage; so it kind of pisses me off that he has become a parody, propped up by lawyers and media hungry family members (who really would have been nothing without Ozzy!!).

Zakk should move into the stuff he's good at and get that guitar crying, make the most of the split and play like he's a teenager again......!!!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next