Zakk Wylde's live 1989 solo (Video)

Talk about Zakk Wylde here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

wyldeman

Post by wyldeman »

What is that riff he breaks into later in the solo?
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I cannot believe how much Zakk has changed over the years he looks like two different people.Back in 89 he was a good looking kid a typical looking rock guitarist.When you see him now he looks like a wild hilly billy type.The demon drink doesn't help but i cannot mock his ability to play he is some guy on the fretboard.His sound is so unique and recognisable to his name the minute you hear it.Awesome
Yeah, he looked cool as fuck back then. I think he still does today but in a different sort of way. I had the pleasure of meeting him a month before that video was shot, at Hammersmith Odeon in May 1989, what a nice guy, (he probably still is) I've got a photo of me and him backstage, I'll get it posted here soon.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

I bought that "'89 Philadelphia, PA show" recently (will receive it this week I hope!) , because this is Zakk at his best. 8)
That solospot is great! :D

He is also doing some great stuff there I can't figure out yet. It's like tremelo picking on the lower strings and at the same time tapping on the higher strings. (or pull-off's, like Gary Moore also did in his "End of the world" intro solo but without tremelo picking on the lower strings at the same time like Zakk did) Had a hard time to find out how he could play that that clean. I mean the tapped notes are not interfering with the tremelo picked notes played on the lower strings. I have to dig into this a bit more, maybe it's a sort of 'suggestive' trick? Haven't heard other players doing that. Great stuff!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Mick E. Gee

Post by Mick E. Gee »

Wow!
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

i had just barley record my take on Zakks Do you want to race solo.
http://media.putfile.com/Zakk-Danny-Solo