Re-discovering Zakk

Talk about Zakk Wylde here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Snowy

Re-discovering Zakk

Post by Snowy »

I was a Zakk fan back in teh day and really dug NRFTW and NMT, then I sorta forgot all about him. :oops: Can anyone recommend what BLS cds I should start with? I've heard a few songs on Sirrius and really like Suicide Messiah and the Blessed Hellride.

Also, is Pride & Glory worth getting? I keep hearing people rave about this album. TY!
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

hes gotten much wosre im my opinion, very sloppy, but check stillborn by bls
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I'd definately recommend the BLS DVD The European Invasion Doom Troopin' 2 DVD's 3.5 hours long.Includes Stoned & Drunk, Destruction Overdrive, Funeral Bell just to name a few and a 50 minute backstage feature with In this River, Fire it Up & Suicide Messiah videos. Filmed Live in Paris France & London England.
cleric

Post by cleric »

Hi Snowy :wink:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I'd definately recommend the BLS DVD The European Invasion Doom Troopin' 2 DVD's 3.5 hours long

+1, the acoustic part of Paris show is very beautiful, it always make me want to :cry:

Book of Shadows is my favorite Zakk's album, his songwriting and voice was so wonderful.

The best BLS album IMO is Sonic brew, the worst is Hangover Music Vol. VI (A Whiter Shade of Pale....the most awful version ) , Zakk's voice changed so much since that album released, I just can't stand it anymore sometimes :?
Snowy wrote:
Also, is Pride & Glory worth getting? I keep hearing people rave about this album.
yeah, that's my good ol' Zakk, catchy riffs, serious or funny lyrics, I love it.
Snowy

Post by Snowy »

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Is mucho appreciated! :D
demon
Cool Member

Post by demon »

budokon dvd with ozzy
"We have some pretty happy guys here tonight who like to have fun F-U-N!" Ozzy at Salt Lake City
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

wareagle wrote:hes gotten much wosre im my opinion, very sloppy, but check stillborn by bls
Eh? Sloppy, no.
Drunk, yes.
What gets me the most about Zakk's playing isn't really the playing aspect...it's the song writing aspect. Man, he is pretty banal these days.

Pride and Glory definitely has some good tracks on it! I think my favorite Zakk work though is on No More Tears and Book of Shadows. 8)
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

demon wrote:budokon dvd with ozzy
what about it ?
DethCrew30

Re: Re-discovering Zakk

Post by DethCrew30 »

Mafia, Blessed Hellride, and Order of the Black cd's