DayNah
Cool Member

Cool Zakk Story....

Post by DayNah »

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere, but this is a great story..enjoy

http://www.canada.com/saskatoonstarphoe ... 891bfe6ce3
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

"You come with Uncle Zakk and you go pick any guitar you want on the wall and your Uncle Zakk will buy it for you,"
Uncle Zakk! :lol:

Very cool, thnx! 8)
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

This is really kind and a great story :D
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

Alex wrote:He just did it again, only this time it was a Gibson. :shock:
punchingboy wrote:Get this. Zakk gave a little boy about 10 or so his pick of any guitar on the wall. Someone shouted, the white one(Gibson ZW Bullseye Les Paul) and his assistants were like, no just the Epiphones. Zakk and the kid were looking at the Gibson and I shouted yeah, get it. Zakk says yeah and gets the Gibson for the guy. $4500.00 plus tax!!!!! Lucky little guy!!

-Rick
I was just going to post that....He did that in my hometown(Moncton).....Pretty freakin cool......
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Moncton, home of the 'Trailer Park Boys'?
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I always hear about Zakk buying people guitars. Whenever he's in town, I'll be sure to be at the local guitar shops, waiting for him. :lol:
What a cool guy.
DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

Trigger wrote:Moncton, home of the 'Trailer Park Boys'?
They've come to Moncton in the show a few times(for drug deals)....I think that big rapper in the 2nd season who went to challenge/kill JROCK for stealing his songs was from Moncton.....The show is based outta Halifax(Sunnyvale Trailor Park).....
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

DayNah wrote:
They've come to Moncton in the show a few times(for drug deals)....I think that big rapper in the 2nd season who went to challenge/kill JROCK for stealing his songs was from Moncton.....The show is based outta Halifax(Sunnyvale Trailor Park).....
One of my favorite TV shows ever, and the way that they talk is so similar to how people speak here in the UK. :lol:
DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

Trigger wrote:
DayNah wrote:
One of my favorite TV shows ever, and the way that they talk is so similar to how people speak here in the UK. :lol:

Yeah the first few seasons are priceless....The movie ruined it IMO....Plus it was picked up in the US and they censored the shit out of it....Totally takes away from the show.......
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

DayNah wrote:
Trigger wrote:
DayNah wrote: They've come to Moncton in the show a few times(for drug deals)....I think that big rapper in the 2nd season who went to challenge/kill JROCK for stealing his songs was from Moncton.....The show is based outta Halifax(Sunnyvale Trailor Park).....

Yeah the first few seasons are priceless....The movie ruined it IMO....Plus it was picked up in the US and they censored the shit out of it....Totally takes away from the show.......
We get it un-censored here in the UK on cable which is a lot of fun. I got the movie for Christmas and just wondered how they managed to spoil what should have been a killer film :?

I am a huge Bubbles (Mike Smith) fan, he is so funny and plays guitar in bands in your area as well.
DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

Trigger wrote:
DayNah wrote:
Trigger wrote: One of my favorite TV shows ever, and the way that they talk is so similar to how people speak here in the UK. :lol:

We get it un-censored here in the UK on cable which is a lot of fun. I got the movie for Christmas and just wondered how they managed to spoil what should have been a killer film :?

I am a huge Bubbles (Mike Smith) fan, he is so funny and plays guitar in bands in your area as well.
Yeah Mike is hilarious....A few of my friends have made appearances in the show over the years..."Sirus"(the TPB arch nemesis) works at a cafe here in Moncton.....Corey is a rapper, his band plays my bar all the time...He left the show about a year or 2 ago...Said it had become too mainstream for him....Mike Smith used to play in a pop band back in the late 80's early 90's called SANDBOX...They had a hit called "Curious" that got quite a bit of airplay......Speaking of the movie, did you reconize who the owner of the strip bar was/is?
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I do remember the bar owner from the gentlemans club but I didn't recognise him, who is he?
Did you get Jim and Randy at your club? they did a tour a while ago didn't they?
DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

Trigger wrote:I do remember the bar owner from the gentlemans club but I didn't recognise him, who is he?
Did you get Jim and Randy at your club? they did a tour a while ago didn't they?

The bar owner was Hugh Dillon....He was the frontman for a band called "The Headstones" for years and years.....You might have heard their version of "Cemetary", an old Wilbury's tune....He also was the star of "Hard Core Logo"....Mine you this stuff is all Canadian and I'm not sure how much landed on your side of the world....

Never met Randy or Jim....
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

DayNah wrote:
Trigger wrote:I do remember the bar owner from the gentlemans club but I didn't recognise him, who is he?

The bar owner was Hugh Dillon....He was the frontman for a band called "The Headstones" for years and years.....You might have heard their version of "Cemetary", an old Wilbury's tune....He also was the star of "Hard Core Logo"....Mine you this stuff is all Canadian and I'm not sure how much landed on your side of the world....

Never met Randy or Jim....
Lots of Canadian stuff makes it here, your comedy is always great. But I didn't know that last TV show you mentioned.

What I like about TPB is that they are about the same age as me. Lots of the metal references they use reflect who was around when I was in my teen's and early 20's. Bands like Helix turn up in person as do Skid Row and Rush!! Alex was even kidnapped in one show and Bubbles was on stage with Rush a few years ago.

Randy Rhoads even gets (kind of) mentioned in the last series, when Bubbles has to hide his ID. He turns up at Julians trailer humming 'Crazy Train' and the very last episode of series 7 is called 'Going off the rails on a Swayze train'.

Also and I know I am off topic here as its a Zakk thread, but i love all the Rick-ism's, they are killers :lol: