Cool Zakk Story....

Talk about Zakk Wylde here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

Trigger wrote:[
Also and I know I am off topic here as its a Zakk thread, but i love all the Rick-ism's, they are killers :lol:
"I Toada so...." :lol:
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

DayNah wrote:
Also and I know I am off topic here as its a Zakk thread, but i love all the Rick-ism's, they are killers :lol:
DayNah do you remember this one?

'Bubbles passed the test with Flying carpets'
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

Trigger wrote:
DayNah wrote:
DayNah do you remember this one?

'Bubbles passed the test with Flying carpets'

He has so many good lines...I love the episode where he goes back to High School to sell Hash and gets "Grade 10" on his jacket...hahah
BIG_P
Cool Member

Post by BIG_P »

Trailer Park Boys? Who are those guys? :twisted: Let's move this TPB stuff into it's own thread Ian if we can as you know I can go all fuckin' day about the boys.

Rickyism........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ITUYo7CRg0
[img]http://img500.imageshack.us/img500/3465/banner2xt.jpg[/img]
[b][color=red]The saying, "words can not describe" are so true when it comes to Randy Rhoads.[/color][/b]
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

And these explain what Ricy-isms are! :lol:

Some great ones included

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR3QHoqfhX8

I will split this subject and re-direct these to 'Off topic'
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
highpriestess
Madman

Post by highpriestess »

this is cool. i didnt read the whole thread so i dont know if anyone already said this or not, but Zakk is doing this to upkeep a tradition that Darrell (Dimebag) started. Darrell was doing that with the Dimebag guitars (first the washburns, then (all too briefly) the Deans.

What promted anyone to even KNOW about it, because Darrell would always wait until no one was around, or he would tell a kid to wait until after a meet and greet at a music shop and when everyone was gone, he would do this... he didn't like to get recognition for it, s'why he always did it on the down-low...

anyway, what prompted it was because Nick Bowcott (editor from guitar mag, or guitar player, cant remember, but he also used to be in the band Grim Reaper...) anyway, Nick spoke at Dime's funeral. And Nick had seen Dime do this, more than once, but one time in particular this kid showed up at a meet and greet with his dad and he told Dime "one day i wanna learn how to play" and Dime was like "well, why not now?" and the dad pipes up and sayd "well, we can't afford to get him a guitar yet i got laid-off from my job, but he's getting one for Christmas" well, Dime decideds Christmas is too long to wait to learn to play for ANYONE, so he tells the kid to hang around, and when everyone left, he bought the kid one of the Dimebag guitars. He did it in private because he didn't want the dad to feel ..... bad, you know.... and he didn't want ANY recognition publicly for it. He was jsut that kinda dude.

Zakk, who i THOUGHT was going to beat drunk-ass Eddie Van Halen up at that funeral, was really taken by the story when Nick told it. Next thing I know, Zakks doing the same thing... which i think is very, very cool of him. Whatta great way to keep your friends memory alive in spirit, you know? I'm not a big Zakk fan, but i really love hearing these stories about him. i think it's fantastic!

I'm all teary now, though, remembering Dimes funeral....

thanks for sharing this story, whover posted it initially! :)
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Thnx for the inside HP ! 8)
highpriestess
Madman

Post by highpriestess »

no problemo. lol. shoulda been there the day Zakk and Dime stole the limo from in front of darell's house when the limo driver borrowed the bathroom for a minute. they tore Dalworthington Gardens UP... took out a stop sign, etc.... Zakk waas the one driving. lol.

That busted up stop sign is probably still hanging on the wall in Darrell's house. lol. it's friggin MANGLED.

crazy babies. ;)
highpriestess
Madman

Post by highpriestess »

oh, but Randy P. corrected me last night at dinner.... Nick Bowcott was the guitar player for Grim Reaper, not the singer. my bad.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

highpriestess wrote:no problemo. lol. shoulda been there the day Zakk and Dime stole the limo from in front of darell's house when the limo driver borrowed the bathroom for a minute. they tore Dalworthington Gardens UP... took out a stop sign, etc.... Zakk waas the one driving. lol.

That busted up stop sign is probably still hanging on the wall in Darrell's house. lol. it's friggin MANGLED.

crazy babies. ;)
8) :lol:
odultetik

Post by odultetik »

such a cool story thanks!
BUHZERKER

Post by BUHZERKER »

Check out THe Pics on BLS's Myspace. Zakk supports the US Troops all the way.. He has done this Many Many Times. You have to love that..

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... D=44227893