I wish Ozzy would get a new guitarist

Talk about Zakk Wylde here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

zmack mylde wrote: Sorry you can't be from Jersey and be a Southerner......
Sorry, that comment means jack shit.
My parents were from up north, but yet they were, shall I say....SOUTHERN??

I was born and raised here in the south, and " being southern" is about attitude, NOT geography.
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
zmack mylde
Cool Member

Post by zmack mylde »

Sarab wrote:

I was born and raised here in the south, and " being southern" is about attitude, NOT geography.

You're Southern because you were BORN in the South. Your parents are just transplants and will always be Yankees. Zakk is a freakin Yankee no matter how hard he tries to be Southern. Not only does he suck on guitar but he's a fake bitch.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

i dont really think zakk looks or sounds distinctly southern. i've never looked at him and thought he must be from the south, i've always just thought "oh its zakk wylde"
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

zmack mylde wrote:
Sarab wrote:

You're Southern because you were BORN in the South. Your parents are just transplants and will always be Yankees. Zakk is a freakin Yankee no matter how hard he tries to be Southern. Not only does he suck on guitar but he's a fake bitch.
Wow Sarab! I wish I could be as honored as you...having Mylde tell me that my family are transplanted! Cause apparently if you are born somewhere, it doesn't matter where you end up, because you'll always be tied to the birthplace according to Mylde's 3rd grade thinking!
I better tell everyone in my family that they're fake and transplanted then...
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Every truck driver here in Britain who listens to 'Country' seems to have the rebel flag hanging in there rig, For them the closest to the 'South' most of them get is the Welsh coast!!!!!! :lol:
They must be fakes as well, the southern rebel thing is not being a follower.......that makes me a 'Southerner' as well 8)

Who'd have guessed me and you were both from the South Gina :lol:
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

zmack mylde wrote:You're Southern because you were BORN in the South. Your parents are just transplants and will always be Yankees. Zakk is a freakin Yankee no matter how hard he tries to be Southern. Not only does he suck on guitar but he's a fake bitch.
I'd like to know if you could explain where the "south" begins? I'd also like to know where you are from - I'm assuming "the south".

And just for the record:
The term Yankee (also Yank) has a number of possible meanings, but in almost all contexts, it refers to someone of American origin or heritage. Within the USA, its popular meaning has varied over time. Historically, the term usually refers to residents of New England, as used by Mark Twain in A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court. During and after the American Civil War, its popular meaning expanded to include any Northerner or resident of the Union, and included any resident of the Northeast (New England, Mid-Atlantic, and upper Great Lakes states). Over time, however, the term has since reverted to its 18th century geographic indication of New England, except when the speaker is from the South. Outside the USA, Yank or Yankee is the most common slang term for any American, whether from New England or not.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

:arrow:
Last edited by cableguyxx on Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Generally speaking, "the South" is equivalent to the "Confederate States of America".

I was born in Florida, so I guess "zmack" would consider me a "southerner" by birth. I've lived all over the country and the only people who use the term "Yankee" are from Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, etc. And, from my experience, it's usually those of the lower incomes that still blame the "Yankees" for the south being poor.

As far as I'm the concerned the only folks who should be called "yankees" are the ones who look like this:

Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Skully wrote:
zmack mylde wrote:
Sarab wrote: Sorry, that comment means jack shit.

Wow Sarab! I wish I could be as honored as you...having Mylde tell me that my family are transplanted! Cause apparently if you are born somewhere, it doesn't matter where you end up, because you'll always be tied to the birthplace according to Mylde's 3rd grade thinking!
HMMMM. Yep, my parents WERE yankees. They ceased to be yankees when they were 'transplanted' here in the 60's so my father could make a better life for his family. Excuse him for having responsiblities.

And, what about people who adopt children that are born in, let's say Maine, but are raised in Texas? Are they Yankees or are they southern?
What about children who's parents are in the military? Do they have any classification? Wait, they are called Gypsies! Because they go from town to town, and can't call any place home!

My point was and still is, it doesn't matter where you are born, or if you are transplanted, "being southern" is an attitude.

I may not get his "lumber-jack" look, or get into his squeals on the guitar,
but he does his best at what he does. And apparently, Ozzy and Sharon like Zakk for how he sounds, looks, and acts. That's all that matters to them, and to the fans as far as they are concerned.
It is a look and sounds that sells and gets attention.
Just have a look at this thread!
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
zmack mylde
Cool Member

Post by zmack mylde »

Sarab wrote:
Skully wrote:
zmack mylde wrote:
HMMMM. Yep, my parents WERE yankees. They ceased to be yankees when they were 'transplanted' here in the 60's so my father could make a better life for his family. Excuse him for having responsiblities.

And, what about people who adopt children that are born in, let's say Maine, but are raised in Texas? Are they Yankees or are they southern?
What about children who's parents are in the military? Do they have any classification? Wait, they are called Gypsies! Because they go from town to town, and can't call any place home!

My point was and still is, it doesn't matter where you are born, or if you are transplanted, "being southern" is an attitude.

but he does his best at what he does. And apparently, Ozzy and Sharon like Zakk for how he sounds, looks, and acts. That's all that matters to them, and to the fans as far as they are concerned.

Whatever. Zakk is a fake, and I'm not buying anymore Ozzy CDs because Zakk can't write. I'm just gonna go back and keep listening to the Randy and Jake CDs. Zakk sucks a mean dick.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

zmack mylde wrote:
Sarab wrote:
Skully wrote: Wow Sarab! I wish I could be as honored as you...having Mylde tell me that my family are transplanted! Cause apparently if you are born somewhere, it doesn't matter where you end up, because you'll always be tied to the birthplace according to Mylde's 3rd grade thinking!

Whatever. Zakk is a fake, and I'm not buying anymore Ozzy CDs because Zakk can't write. I'm just gonna go back and keep listening to the Randy and Jake CDs. Zakk sucks a mean dick.
what .. out of arguments ? :? 8)
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Maybe I'm just too young to know, but what's a "mean dick" :?:
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

Skully wrote:Maybe I'm just too young to know, but what's a "mean dick" :?:
Its the new lean mean sexual machine endorsed by george forman, hes so proud of it he put his name on it :P

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."