I wish Ozzy would get a new guitarist

Talk about Zakk Wylde here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

zmack mylde
Cool Member

I wish Ozzy would get a new guitarist

Post by zmack mylde »

This isn't meant as a flame this is really how I feel about Zakk. He is not in the league of Randy or Jake and he only got the gig because he looked kind of like Randy Rhoads when Ozzy first found him. Ozzy probably felt an immediate attachment when he saw this kid that looked like Randy who can cover his songs. He is over rated. What he is is a great cover band guitarist...He does cover Ozzy's material great, I'll give that to him. But being a good cover guitarist should not put you in greatness status. Seriously everything that Zakk has written for Ozzy was not as good as Randy's or even Jake's stuff. And Black Label Society isn't that good either, they only got attention because Ozzy's cover guitarist is in the band.

As far as his playing goes, he is talented but I feel he ruins Ozzy's songs with the over use of pinch harmonics and the pentatonic scale. Playing the pentatonic scale as fast as you can does not make you great and neither does 30 pinch harmonics in Crazy Train. His sound is also kind of muddy compared to Randy's and Jake's. Stop those pinch harmonics...Please.

Another thing I have to point out is that he is the definition of a poser. he does not have his own personality and is fake. He is a guy from NEW JERSEY who pretends to be a Southerner. If that's not fake I don't know what is. I hate the way he played Randy's from Tribute solo lick for lick during the concert and passed it off as his own, make up your own solo dude. Also the use of Randy's polka dot guitar is pure basphemy and disresrepectful. This cover band guitarist really thinks he is Randy Rhoads.

Please Ozzy find another guitarist , one that is original. Just think how cool it would have been if Dimebag got together with Ozzy.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah mate if you had looked through the Zakk Wylde thread you would of seen this covered on many occasion...Welcome on board and enjoy...
viewtopic.php?t=1372
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: I wish Ozzy would get a new guitarist

Post by Paul Wolfe »

zmack mylde wrote:This isn't meant as a flame this is really how I feel about Zakk.
Actually it sounds a lot like a flame job. Zakk intentionally plays pentatonics because he didn't want to be a clone of Randy Rhoads. True, he could be a little more inspired and drop the pinch harmonics in other people's songs.

Zakk just needs to learn the "less is more" philosophy. Learning the blues so he'd be better at fitting his leads to the song would be nice, too.

But to say he isn't in the league of Jake? Please... Jake was an average '80's guitarist. No better and no worse than the guys in Ratt or Skid Row. Zakk is definitely in that league.
zmack mylde
Cool Member

Post by zmack mylde »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
zmack mylde wrote:This isn't meant as a flame this is really how I feel about Zakk.
Actually it sounds a lot like a flame job. Zakk intentionally plays pentatonics because he didn't want to be a clone of Randy Rhoads. True, he could be a little more inspired and drop the pinch harmonics in other people's songs.

Zakk just needs to learn the "less is more" philosophy. Learning the blues so he'd be better at fitting his leads to the song would be nice, too.

But to say he isn't in the league of Jake? Please... Jake was an average '80's guitarist. No better and no worse than the guys in Ratt or Skid Row. Zakk is definitely in that league.

In all of Zakk's career with Ozzy not one of his songs are as good as the song Bark At The Moon written by Jake. Jake's blows away Zakk's whole career with that bad as hell song. That fake Zakk Wylde couldn't shine Jake's shoes. Did you see Ozzy play Crazy Train on the Jimmy Kimmel show, it was horrible...pinch harmonics every two seconds with too much stereo chorus on his guitar. Zakk is nothing but a glorified cover guitarist....I really do wiish Ozzy finds another guitarist, I'm tired of Zakk and Black Rain sucked.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

This has all been said time after time after time, to me Zakk is less interesting than Jake or Brad but he is in the Ozzy band and is allowing us to get more Ozzy albums.

I like that :D

One thing I do realise is that Zakk has a huge respect for Randy and he has always been public about that, Zakk uses sections of Randy's solo live now and is always slipping in parts of Randy songs, that is a fine tribute to Randy 8)

I think you would be better placed adding these thoughts to an already existing thread. Had this been an attempt to flame I doubt it would have worked we have seen all them before by people like Zakk Attack.

He isn't my favorite guitarist but I wish Zakk all the best :D
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Zakk is a poser with no personality? Don't think that's really true.
He pretends to be a Southerner? Don't think that's really true either, at least in the last 8 years or something.
Besides, it's called an image. You need to have an image. Everyone in the music business "poses" to a certain degree.

I like Zakk a lot. He ain't what he used to be, but no one ever is. He needs to stop sqeauling so much. He needs to be more inventive in his riffs sometimes. But I like Zakk more than 99% of the guitar players out right now.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

zmack mylde wrote:he only got the gig because he looked kind of like Randy Rhoads when Ozzy first found him. Ozzy probably felt an immediate attachment when he saw this kid that looked like Randy who can cover his songs.
Excuse me?

Zakks similarities, look-wise, with Randy is what turned
Ozzy off in the first place. He was later recommended to Ozzy by
a photographer who saw him live :!:

Ooh, Zakk can cover Randy songs?
Guess what, that's his JOB !

Also, like Paul said ... He has developed the pentatonics
and pinches and made them so distinctive just because he
didn't want to be a Rhoads clone :!:
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

zmack mylde wrote: In all of Zakk's career with Ozzy not one of his songs are as good as the song Bark At The Moon written by Jake.... I'm tired of Zakk and Black Rain sucked.
In your opinion Jake was better than Zakk. In Ozzy's opinion, Jake was an opinionated control freak. Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one.

Basically you don't like Zakk and want to live in 1983, right? Well, times change and, like it or not, Zakk is the man as far as Ozzy goes.

Read through the Zakk threads and you'll see I am the biggest Zakk detractor on this board, but I try to base my comments on facts and point out that they're only my opinion.

In addition, remember that this is a RANDY RHOADS board. All of your comments have been anti-Zakk. Try making positive comments and show us you are a Randy fan and you'll get a better reception to your comments. Otherwise you'll sound like a child who likes to complain.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

a difficult and constantly present subject :?

i'll say that i think zakk is not as good as jake or randy (although only marginally so), ultimately i think its a bit daft that so many people nock him just because he isnt as good as randy who is regarded by most of us as the best, if not one of the best, guitar players ever.

its a bit like cussing Jesus cos he's one step lower than God :wink:

zakk's put out good stuff and bad in his time. At the moment i think he just needs to find some consistency and get his solo's back on track.

but should ozzy get a new guitar player? interesting idea, maybe ozzy could do with some fresh band members. But who? Randys long gone and Jake is MIA. Whoever takes zakk's place will still get cussed as its unlikely they'll be as good as or better than randy. When i turn on the radio these days or turn on scuzz and check out the new talent im horrified to be honest, i dont think theres any one out there significantly better than zakk and that would be compatible with ozzy.

Steve Vai once worked with ozzy that didn't work
Dimebag? i dont think that would be good.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

rice_pudding wrote:zakk's put out good stuff and bad in his time.

As has Randy and Jake.

As for Ozzy finding a new guitar player, I think Ozzy should find a calendar and realize how old he is. He and Sharon would do the music world a service by helping to establish new bands rather than trying to wrangle more albums out of Ozzy himself.

The zmack mylde dork only posts to be offensive and rile folks up. We should try the old adage of ignoring him and then maybe he'll go away.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
zmack mylde
Cool Member

Post by zmack mylde »

Alex wrote:
zmack mylde wrote:Another thing I have to point out is that he is the definition of a poser. he does not have his own personality and is fake
To say that Zakk has no personality is ridicilous, and to me, as a fan, offensive, as you indirectly judge me, claiming that I would be superficial.

Fuck that!

I meant to say he has no identity. He is a NEW JERSEY guy pretending that he is a Southern Biker...who does he think he is fooling? When he first came out he looked like Bon Jovi now he wants you to believe he is a Southern Biker...Please he aint fooling nobody....it's his fakeness that rubs people the wrong way. I hate how he tries to talk all tough, what a dumbass. And he better stop playing Randy's polka dot guitar...he aint in Randy's league to even own that thing.
zmack mylde
Cool Member

Post by zmack mylde »

Trigger wrote:This has all been said time after time after time, to me Zakk is less interesting than Jake or Brad but he is in the Ozzy band and is allowing us to get more Ozzy albums.

I like that :D

One thing I do realise is that Zakk has a huge respect for Randy and he has always been public about that, Zakk uses sections of Randy's solo live now and is always slipping in parts of Randy songs, that is a fine tribute to Randy 8)

I think you would be better placed adding these thoughts to an already existing thread. Had this been an attempt to flame I doubt it would have worked we have seen all them before by people like Zakk Attack.

He isn't my favorite guitarist but I wish Zakk all the best :D
I really am not here to flame....I really feel strongly that Zakk ruins Ozzy's songs live...them damn pinch harmonics.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

When you call someone a dumbass and a fake, I think that is in flame territory. And if you are going to say things like that, you should be prepared for what comes back, especially on a forum where quite a few people happen to like Zakk.
zmack mylde
Cool Member

Post by zmack mylde »

Skully wrote:When you call someone a dumbass and a fake, I think that is in flame territory. And if you are going to say things like that, you should be prepared for what comes back, especially on a forum where quite a few people happen to like Zakk.

I apologise for the 'dumbass' comment that was uncalled for, but I will not take back that he is a fake....a guy from JERSEY trying to act all Southern is a true definition of a fake.